Having a Final Heart to Heart

Zacznij od początku

Losing strength in his body, (Y/N) almost fell forward, but Hazel held onto him. Wrapping her hands around his neck, "Please no." She begged. He dropped the spear to one side oh him, "S' ok". He said weakly.

His hand reached out for his father's scythe, which laid on the ice, motionless. Something in Frank's mind awoke upon seeing it, an urge that he didn't know he had. That weapon was powerful, he knew it.

If he had that, if he took it, he could use that amount of firepower to do a lot of damage, he could protect his friends. He could crush his enemies, he could win the battle. But the thought died away as quick as it came.

Frank hadn't realized he had reached out towards the weapon, until (Y/N)'s hand smacked his away. The moment their skin touched, Frank's whole hand felt like it was being burned by acid. Like with the basilisks.

That single touch, that half a second connection, made Frank feel like his entire body was about to turn into jello, he almost collapsed from the sudden feeling of exhaustion. (Y/N) said three words to Frank, "Not. Dead. Yet!"

With Hazel's support, he got to his feet, shrugging the girl off, he took the scythe in his hands. From that moment on, his eyes swelled in both color and intensity. The magic around him became like a vacuum, drawing in the light around him.

(Y/N)'s wound closed, but there was still a baseball sized scar over his chest, where the weapon had pierced him, he tore off the remains of his shirt, which Frank didn't really think was entirely necessary.

But he didn't voice that opinion because he and Hazel were both too amazed with what came next. They stood in awe of the transformation before them, the shadows that had once encircled him now latched onto (Y/N).

The latched onto him and spread throughout his entire torso, emanating from the scythe, and slowly they began to form something. First it trailed down his back, blocking out his form, then, it trailed up his neck.

By the time Frank realized what it was, (Y/N) was already enshrouded in a cloak of darkness like his father. The solid black scythe in his hands seemed to hum with power. The emotion began to fade from his expression. Until he finally spoke. "No."

(Y/N) stood still and the scythe looked like it melted away into shadow. Instead he reached down to the golden spear. "Not this time...." He turned to them, and like Percy had, calmly said "Go." Frank finally saw why.

Alcyoneus was still unconscious, but Frank felt two more presences approaching, his instincts told him he was in for a fight, he turned to see the witch Circe and the evil imaginary friend both closing in on them.

Hazel mounted her horse again, looking as if she was about to charge them. But (Y/N) raised a hand. His voice raising a little as he spoke, anger clear in his tone "The giant can't die here. GO! I'll take them." It was the same faux confidence that Percy had.

Again, Frank knew he was being protected. But if (Y/N) wanted them to leave he shouldn't have raised the spear above his head with two hands, and deliver what was most definitely the icing on the crazy moments cake. Bewildering them both.

"WE END THIS! NOW!" (Y/N) roared as he looked at the approaching enemies and the solid imperial gold spear was broken over his knee. Frank and Hazel both watched in utter shock as it splintered into two.

(Y/N) held the two jagged ends in either hand, before throwing both towards his enemies and looking to Frank. "You don't have much-" His emotional state changed on a dime. He looked concerned and did something absolutely bizarre. Even for a moment like this one.

(Y/N)'s face suddenly became normal, he gave Frank a small smile. "Oh," With a sudden tenderness, (Y/N) bent down into the ice and held some snow, rubbing it beneath his hands so it melted, then he stood up, said, "Sorry about that." Before he wiped the blood from Frank's face.