Chapter -13

Author pov

As usual, Darshan finds himself at college, and due to the absence of one of his professors, he seizes the opportunity to spend some quality time with Deepthi, his beloved. They decide to head to the sports room, where they indulge in a friendly game of chess. Amidst the gameplay, they engage in light-hearted conversations, teasing, and sweet moments of romance.

The sports room is adjacent to an indoor basketball stadium where some of Darshan's classmates are actively engaged in a game. However, in an unfortunate turn of events, a stray basketball accidentally hits Darshan's chest as it misses its intended goal post. Given Darshan's medical condition of a weak heart, the impact of the ball causes immense pain, and he collapses.

Realizing the seriousness of the situation, Deepthi acts quickly and calls for an ambulance to rush Darshan to the hospital. Panicking and worried, all the students and staff present in the sports room also gather to help. Deepthi contacts Darshan's parents, Geetha and Gopal, to inform them about the distressing incident. The news hits them like a ton of bricks, as they are aware of their son's delicate health condition. They rush to the hospital, their emotions overwhelming them, and they are left devastated by the turn of events.

As Darshan's parents, Geetha and Gopal, entered the hospital room where their son lay unconscious, their hearts sank at the sight of him hooked up to various machines and monitors. They were devastated to see him in such a fragile state, and tears streamed down their faces as they held his hand, hoping for a sign of recovery.

As they called the doctor who had been treating Darshan, their anxiety only grew with each passing moment. The doctor explained the seriousness of Darshan's condition, emphasizing the need for immediate and specialized care. He recommended shifting Darshan to the hospital where he practiced, as they had the expertise and facilities better suited to handle such critical cases.

Without a second thought, Geetha and Gopal made the difficult decision to have Darshan discharged from the current hospital and moved to the one recommended by the doctor. Every minute mattered, and they wanted to give their son the best chance at recovery. The hospital staff efficiently prepared Darshan for transport, ensuring that he remained stable throughout the transfer.

A life support ambulance was arranged to transport Darshan to the new hospital, equipped with all the necessary medical equipment and staffed by trained professionals. Deepthi, who had been with Darshan's parents throughout, didn't leave their side and accompanied them in the ambulance. She was confused through out the journey because she is unaware of his illness.

During the journey to the new hospital, the atmosphere in the ambulance was somber and tense. Geetha and Gopal held on to hope, praying silently for their son's recovery, while Deepthi held Geetha's hand, offering comfort through her presence.

Upon arrival at the new hospital, Darshan was immediately taken to the intensive care unit (ICU), where a team of specialized doctors and nurses took over his care. Geetha, Gopal, and Geetha were briefed about the treatment plan and the measures being taken to stabilize Darshan's condition.

They were waiting infront of ICU. Doctor come outside and  delivered the grim news about the urgent need for a heart transplantation in two days, the weight of the situation became overwhelming for everyone in the room.

The revelation about Darshan's critical condition and the urgent need for a heart transplantation left Deepthi in shock. As Geetha explained the gravity of the situation, Deepthi realized the severity of Darshan's condition and the fact that he had been living with a weak heart for years, relying on medication to stay alive. The search for a suitable heart donor had been unsuccessful, leaving Darshan's life hanging by a thread.

In the midst of this devastating news, Deepthi's true motivations became evident. She had been with Darshan primarily for his wealth and the luxurious life he could offer her. The revelation about Darshan's health condition made her question the future she had envisioned with him, a future that might not materialize if he couldn't survive the heart transplantation.

Overwhelmed by the sudden reality of the situation, Deepthi made a decision to leave. She felt that she was too young and had her whole life ahead of her, and being with a person who was facing a life-threatening condition was not what she had signed up for.

Geetha, already emotionally fragile from the distressing situation with her son, couldn't bear the additional heartache of Deepthi's decision to abandon Darshan during his time of need. She broke down in tears, feeling hurt and betrayed that someone whom they considered part of their family was now choosing to walk away when Darshan needed her the most.

Gopal, standing beside his wife, offered his support as they both grappled with the difficult emotions brought on by Deepthi's departure. He understood his son's love for Deepthi but also recognized the importance of focusing on Darshan's well-being above all else.

In the midst of this emotional turmoil, the doctors and medical staff continued to work tirelessly to find a heart donor and prepare for the transplantation procedure within the limited timeframe. Every moment counted, and everyone's priority was to save Darshan's life.

As the time days ticked by, Darshan's loved ones, including Geetha and Gopal, prayed for a miracle, hoping that a heart donor would be found in time. The waiting was agonizing, and the uncertainty of the situation weighed heavily on their hearts.

Regardless of Deepthi's departure, Darshan's parents remained steadfast in their love and support for their son. They knew that their son's life was worth fighting for, and they would do whatever it took to give him a chance at survival.

In times of adversity, true colors are often revealed, and the strength of familial bonds becomes even more evident. The situation brought Geetha and Gopal closer as they faced the challenges together, unified in their love for Darshan and their determination to see him through this critical moment in his life.

If you all like this chapter then plz vote
With love cutiepie5

Heart knows herजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें