18. Comfortable

Welp, summer break is over, back to writing yall.

</3

Travis POV: 

 Gizmo and I bonded for a little while longer before Larry came waltzing out of Sal's room with a wide grin plastered on his face. "Yoooo, dude whatcha making?" He asked. "Dino nuggets obviously, it turns out Travis has never had them so I decided I HAD to make them so he can try this delicacy in his life at least once," Sal exclaimed. Larry had a dejected look on his face, "Dude you've never had dino nuggets?!" Larry questioned. I shook my head vigorously, "Bro I barely even know what those are," I explained. 

Sal and Larry both looked at each other, Larry looked devastated and Sal had a look that said 'Yeah! I know right!?' Larry looked back at me and shook his head as if he were disappointed in me. 

"Okay anyways, can I play some music while you cook? cause the vibe is so off right now," Larry asked Sal. He nodded his head in response and Larry's eyes lit up with excitement. He ran into Sal's room quickly and came sprinting out only moments later with a small black speaker. "Yo church boy! Have you ever heard of the band 'Sanity's Fall'?" Larry asked. The hell is Sanity's Fall? Whatever it is, it sounds gay as hell. "No, but even the name sounds unholy," I responded with a disgusted look on my face. Sal let out a chuckle at my response. 

"Oh, it definitely is!" Larry grinned ear to ear. He then pressed a few buttons on his phone before overwhelming loud music started to fill the room from the tiny speaker. Gizmo meowed and jumped off my lap, he was most likely startled. Larry started to smile even harder as my eyes grew wide at the so-called music. Even if the song was loud and obnoxious the beat wasn't bad and it seemed very put together, the drums synced well with the electric guitar and the bass. Larry made a weird symbol with his hands, his ring, and his middle fingers were closed along with his thumb. He then started to jump slightly and swing his hair around. 

Sal started to laugh and bob his head a little bit, Larry then stopped to look at me, his face lit up as if he had an idea. He walked over to me and motioned for me to stand up, I obliged and he guided me over to where he was standing before. He grabbed my hand and made the same symbol with my hands that he had made before. "Copy me," He said. I looked over to Sal, he gave me a look that was basically telling me I should listen to Larry.

Larry started to whip his head around again, I started doing the same, slowly. the music started to engulf me and I soon started to look just like Larry. I felt a wide smile spread across my face as I closed my eyes and let my hair take the lead. I didn't care about anything at this moment, all I wanted to do was listen and finally let myself be free. 

The music started to fade out and I slowly stopped head banging to the music. I look over to Larry, he was smiling harder than ever and he was panting slightly. I then looked over to Sal who was staring directly at me, his eyes showed that he was grinning but at the same time, he looked proud and relieved. my face grew red and hot, I looked away quickly. Larry looked to Sal "The church boy is a proper metalhead now!" He laughed. "Hell yeah!" Sal threw his hands in the air with excitement. 

[Timeskip]

Sal plated the food carefully and walked over to where me and Larry were sitting, he handed me a plate first then Larry. I gave a small smile as a thank you and looked down at my plate, there was a few nuggets shaped like dinosaurs scattered across the white plate. Larry didn't hesitate to dig in, he immediately started shoving his face full of the oddly-shaped nuggets. Sal laughed as he watched, he has a plate of his own he just hadn't touched it yet.

I slowly pick up one of the nuggets and take a small bite out of what I assumed was the tail, Sal stared at me with anticipation. It was quite pleasant actually, I smiled and looked at Sal. "It's really good," I said. Sal's eyes lit up, "Yay I'm so glad," he chirped. Larry looked over at me with a slight grin on his face.

Sal sighed as he looked down at his plate, he slowly reached behind his mask and unbuckled both of the straps. His prosthetic fell into his hand, Larry shot his head over at me. He mouthed the words 'You've seen?' with a confused look on his face, I nodded and continued eating my plate of food cautiously. Sal then started eating too.

Once Larry was done he went back into Sal's room, Sal took all three plates and walked them over to the sink. I followed, he started the tap and put a little bit of dish soap on a sponge. "Why was Larry shocked you took off your mask in front of me?" I asked lowly. Sal continued scrubbing the plates for a few moments "I usually don't show people my face unless I trust them a lot, so he's never seen me be that comfortable. Hell, it took forever for him to see my face and it wasn't even intentional," he chuckled.

"You trust me?" I questioned. "Yes I trust you, you big dork," he laughed as he rubbed soap suds along the side of my face. I gasped and reached into the sink with a handful of bubbles. He yelped and covered his face while giggling as I slapped suds on his hands and shirt. He moved his arms away from his hands, a big smile was plastered across my face. He walked Slightly closer to me and grabbed my face, "See, you are a dork," he chuckled as he pulled me into a kiss. His tough and torn-up lips pressed against my soft yet chapped lips, it felt nicer than ever. I melted into it, he could tell I was enjoying this, I felt him smile as he wrapped his arms around my neck. Our bodies sort of fell against the fridge a little but it still felt wholesome, it was more like extra support. I've never kissed anyone like this, it felt amazing but also scary, I could feel my heartbeat speeding up and butterflies in my stomach. Our lips moved in sync until eventually we pulled away for air.

We panted slightly, my face was hot and bright red. Sal looked at me again and smiled, "I don't know if I'm any good at this whole kissing thing but I sure as hell know I'm into it,' he laughed. He really was if I'm being honest, "Me too," I smiled.

_________________________________________

So uhm I think I might actually be obsessed with this chapter so much, it's just so cute and wholesome I literally can't. Anyway, I am so sorry I haven't been posting but like my mental health is 6 feet under right now so I promise I'm trying. Anyways I hope you enjoyed!

-author <3

Word count: 1232