Sweater Cuddles (Jard)

Haiii I'm back from ao3 :33 tysm for 12k reads! Didn't know this would get so popular,,, here's a short one just to get back into the swing of things

-

 It was an oddly cold day outside for being the Summer, especially really rainy. The rain thundered outside along with the lightning as you looked out the window. Jard was in the kitchen, preparing popcorn for a movie night in. They slipped on a black sweater instead of their regular hoodie that had a zipper on it. They popped their head outside from the busy kitchen to look at you.

 "Hey, butter or nah?" They asked while raising a container of liquid butter. 

 "Yeah, sure." You nod, still looking outside the window.

 He lightly dabbed some on the popcorn and brought a big bowl over, setting it down on the table. Light cracked in the sky with a loud BOOM. Jard walked over behind you, slipping their arms around your waist and rested their head on top of yours. The grey skies made today look bleaker than usual.

 "Today's perfect for a horror movie!" They grinned, glancing down at you. 

 "Huh. You're right." You nod. They pulled you to the couch as they flopped onto it and picked up the remote with a grin. You sat down right next to them and rested their head on their shoulder. They rested one arm behind their head as they let you rest on the other. They skimmed through movies while you wrapped your arms around them with a warm smile. They glanced at you momentarily before smirking. They unzip their sweater, slowly slipping you underneath their sweater onto their chest. You blushed slightly, continuing to hug him in this grip. 

 "Comfy?" They smiled at you and pulled you in a little closer. 

 "Mmmhm.." You hum with a nod as you nuzzle onto him gently. Jard clicked on a movie and grabbed some popcorn, soon leaning back. They wrap one arm around you, eating some popcorn while doing so. Every now and then, you snuck in some popcorn for yourself. 

  After a small while, you both realized the movie was pure trash. Jard noticed you digging for popcorn, he grabbed a piece and held it to your mouth. 

 "Ahh." They  smiled. 

 "I can do it myself, you know." You said tilting your head.

 "Okay and? Now say 'Ahh'." They replied flatly, moving the piece of popcorn closer to your mouth. You sigh with a smile, opening your mouth as they jammed the piece in there. 

"OW! The fuck? What was that for?!" You hissed, your head shooting up."

 "Oops," they say. "Hold on, hold on, lemme try again." They hold up another piece. You glare at them, slowly opening your mouth once more. He gently slipped the popcorn in, the taste of butter hitting your taste buds way easier. You hummed with an "Mm!" once you finally got the popcorn piece to hit right. 

 "Good, right?" He grinned while he softly rubbed your back.

 "Yea—"

 Your convo was disrupted from the horror movie still playing. A loud and terrible scream pierced your ears along with the thunder outside, causing you to flinch and cover them. 

"...Agh. Can't believe that actually got me out of all of these scares.." You mumble agitatedly. 

"Maybe because that was loud as shit..." Jard huffs. "I feel my ears ringing." 

"Can we put something else on?" You croak as a recoil to the noise. 

 "Yeah, we can.." They said while rubbing his ear. "How about we just watch something on one of the other apps instead?" 

 "Yeah. That sounds good." You smile as you lean back onto Jard. 

  They set down the popcorn bowl and hold you with both hands. "Alllright, c'mere you!" They began to grab you, squeezing you in a hug. They slide you to lay down onto the couch, your cheek nuzzled on theirs. One arm of theirs let go to hit the home button on the remote.

 "So. Youtube?"

 "Hell yeah."

 You both enjoy the sweet videos of Youtube as the thunderous rain blares outside.

SORRY IF THIS IS A LIL WONKY I gotta get used to wattpad again