Midnight In (Defect Rebel)

BLOOD AND INJURY TW SCJK

--

 You've been staring at the ceiling for about as long as you can remember. Defect Rebel, or as you and Jard like calling him, Dee, was supposed to be home hours ago. It's going around 12am, and you couldn't help but struggle to worry. Each time they stay out so late, it doesn't hurt to at least wonder where he is. You huffed in frustration. This always happens. Always. Jard and Bobo already went to bed, but you were unable to think of sleep. That was the least of your worries right now.

 Just as you were about to get up and go look for him yourself, the door keys jangled. Stepping through the door with an exhausted face was the man himself. Defect Rebel. He looked stiff, his back arched, and he held his arm in an awkward stance. He stumbled through the door, and began making his way over to his room. You couldn't decide from sighing from relief or just being concerned over the way he looked when he came back. It was nerve wrecking. After a few minutes, you slipped over to his room, and knocked on the door. You could've sworn you heard a bit of rummaging in his room. It creaked open slightly a few moments later, showing Defect rub his eyes groggily, along with only half his figure showing in the doorway.

 "(Y/N)...? What're you doing up at this hour...?" His voice sounded more strained than usual. 

 "Dee, better question is what YOU'RE doing up at this hour." You put your hands on your hips angrily. "Seriously, what's up with you coming home this late?? You didn't even let us KNOW you'd be coming back at this time!" 

 Defect groaned. It's as if he knew this was coming. "Sorry. I should've known one of you'd probably figure it out by know." He huffed. 

 "Very noticeable." You commented. He just scratched the back of his head.

 "Look, I've been saving up for somethin' important, this is only gonna happen for a few more nights, I promise I'll be done then." He explained.

 "..Are you SURE that's gonna only happen for a few more nights?" You raised an eyebrow. 

 "Yeah.. I swear." He replies.

 "...Promise?" You said, your tone getting slightly softer.

 "Promise." Defect nodded. "Plus, it's really been killin' me y'know? Doin' this for a bit." He said, taking a small glance to the side. 

 "Can tell, you look like shit." You chuckled. He chuckled a bit too. 

 "Yeah.. aha. You should be gettin' to bed." He pointed at you.

 "Make sure you get some too." You smiled. 

 As you waved goodbye and turned around, you heard the door get lightly tapped with a hiss of pain heard. You stopped in your steps, turning around. Defect stood there, holding his arm that was behind the door. You immediately swung your whole body around, coming back over. Your face was an immediate look of concern as Defect's face was a little blank from your fast reaction. 

 "...Let me see." You simply said.

 "Uh-- what'cha mean?" He looked nervous.

 "Your arm, I mean. Let me see." You point to the door. 

 He blinked a bit confused for a second, before sighing, and opening the door a bit more, allowing you to see the arm. It looked... awful. It was bloodied, and looked as if it were scratched up to the point of it being mauled. Luckily, it was halfway bandaged up, but it was done in a very rushed way.

 "Dee, why didn't you--" 

 "I just--. Didn't want any of you to worry." He still tried a little smile while saying this. "It hurts me a bit to see you do that."

 "...Dee, please, I should really help out with this. This is.. this looks really bad." Your worry got even more scrunched onto your face. 

  "I know, I know." Defect sighed.

  "I could've done better on the bandages."

  "I... THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT???"

----------------------------

  After a bit of convincing, Dee allowed you to bandage up the wound better this time. He wasn't able to move it as much, but he was content with the patch up. He wouldn't tell you how he got this injury exactly, but he'll probably tell you in the morning. He just had a soft smile on his face, while your worries went down a little bit.

 "Thanks, (Y/N). Sorry if it was a bit of a trouble."

 "Dee, please. I care about you, and you care for a lot of us. The least I can do is care for you, too." You say this while you gently held the bandaged arm with both of your hands. He glanced down with a blank expression, looking a bit red in his face. You pulled away, looking a bit red as well. Suddenly, you seemed to have remembered the time! Looking at the clock... it's 1am. Ugh, your lucky day, there goes a perfect sleep schedule (not like you had one for staying up at 12, anyway!). You set your Medkit back into your room as Defect tried to stretch his back a bit, looking distracted, but you didn't feel like leaving him alone. You made your way back over to him. 

 "Mind if I stay with you for the night?" You said while your head poked through the doorway. "Just to make sure you're okay, that is." Was, to be honest, an excuse and something you really wanted to do. You're surprised he didn't even close the door yet. 

 "Oh, ah, sure." He nods, patting a spot next to him on his bed. You sat yourself up onto the bed next to him, with a small smile. There was a bit of silence between the two of you. You didn't have much time to look around the room, now that you think about it. You looked outside of the window near the bed, where the light was gently coming through the window. A sigh was only heard from the crickets outside and the gentle light from the lamp near the bed on a nearby table. You suddenly felt something slip onto your hand. You slightly flinched, turning to see Defect's hand on yours. You looked up at him, getting more red. You opened your mouth to say something, but you couldn't think of what. You kept your head up to look at him as he then nervously cupped your face with his good arm. You gently lifted your head up more, as you scooted in closer. Defect seemed anxious, yet followed along, inching in closer and closer. You pulled in fully when you were close enough, giving him a quick little kiss. You were careful to not get too close from the injury on Defect's arm. Slowly pulling away, you felt a bit dazed.

 "Wow.." You muttered. "That was.. unexpected." You said it a little louder, but it was still quiet. 

 Defect looked a bit panicked now. "Sorry, I probably should've asked before I--" He said before you cupped his face this time, and pulled him in for another kiss. This one lasted a bit longer, as he melted into it and set his arm around your back. After a few more seconds, you pulled away again, his blush was a little more visible. 

 You stared a bit blankly, as you didn't quite reply to what he said before. 

 "...I don't mind." You said with a shy smile.

 Defect simply smiled. "I'm.. glad. Haha."

 You smiled, while he began set up the cover for the both of you, tucking it up to your waists and making the pillow more fluffy. You helped out on the last one since it was a bit tough for him. Once you two were all set up, he leaned back gently, you leaning on his good arm with a little smile still. Defect then turn to the lamp, then back at you.

 "Comfy?" Defect asks.

 "Mhm!" You hummed, nuzzling his arm. 

 "Good." He simply said before going near the light. "Night, (Y/N)."

 "Goodnight, Dee." You said, smiling with the last bits of energy you had in you. Defect shuts off the light, you two cuddling up in the dark and beginning to go sound asleep.

----------------------

I wanted to do a Defect one so bad he's so underrated (besides the funky Troop) and ugvbfvjf I love him so much,,, I even gave him an accent that's how much I lov him(gets shot)

Anyways I hope you enjoyed it's about to be 2am I need to snoorrkk kmimimiimim

But then again RAHHH ORE CONTENT BONUS STUFF BEFORE I SLEEP 
-----------------------

 You woke up, stretching your back as you heard some knocking on the door. You can't quite tell how long it's been going on for, but it definitely woke you up. Before you could see who it was, however, someone already opened it. It was Bobo?

 "Heyyy King DDD, can't find (Y/N), so could you please wak—"

 Bobo immediately paused once he saw the two of you on the same bed. Jard popped his head in. 

 "What's happeninggggg- ohhh..." Jard blinked before realizing what was happening. Defect only woke up after they walked in, rubbing his eyes tiredly.

 "Dee, what happened to your arm??" Jard said a bit panicked. 

 "Desert Bus accident." He said tiredly. "Not very pretty."

 "Eesh", Jard clicked his tongue. "Well, just rest it up, and I'm sure it'll be better soon, hopeful—"

 "DDD AND (Y/N), SITTING IN TREE!!" Bobo screamed happily. 

 "Oh shush!" You said rolling your eyes, immediately flinching from the screaming that came from Bobo. 

 "Well, ah.. Definitely doin' that, Jard." Defect smiled nervously.