Quick break (Jard)

Idea I thought of in an hour les goooooo 

This is also dedicated to Four Corners rest in peace I'll miss you my beloved

------

 It was a round of Evade, like always. Military Incursion was around, and you went way into the long hallway, meaning you might sorta be safe this time around! You huff, immediately flopping yourself onto the ground and sitting down. You needed this. All this running around's got you a little tuckered out. There wasn't many nearby, but it was mainly since a lot of people already finished going into the hallway and are hanging out with Bobo. Who wouldn't, anyway?

 You sat there and just waited until either something began shooting bullets at you or you got bored, only thing you knew for now was that this breather was well deserved. You just closed your eyes and took a few breaths before someone began skidding by. 

 Wait a tick, is that Jard?

 You've unironically known them for a bit.. but you two weren't talking much lately. You didn't quite know why. They are a fun person to talk to, and they're.. kinda cute?  

 They probably wouldn't have the time. Plus, whoever it was passed by in a blur, so you couldn't be sure. Blinking a few times, you then just turned around, minding your own business again. You then heard distant footsteps stop in place. Hearing the u-turn, you hear then approach you again. Looking to the side, you unsurprisingly see the person you suspected before.

 "(Y/N), why aren't you with the others?" Jard tilted their head curiously.

 "Ah, I'm just taking a quick break. Don't mind me."

 "A break alone? (Y/N), That's kinda sad." Jard booped you on the nose, making you narrow your eyes. 

 "I am not." You poke his nose harsher, making him step back a bit. 

 "Well, then you wouldn't mind a little company, would you?" Jard gave a little smirk at you.

  You paused a bit in thought. "Well.. a little company wouldn't hurt... why not?" You shrugged, patting the spot next to you.

 "Alrighty then!" Jard grins, then plopping themself down next to you in the same sitting position. They seem to be in their own thoughts, looking around the area. You continued taking your break. It's only a few seconds after beginning to zone out, they gently tap you on the shoulder. They then began asking you a few questions like:

 "So, you like going here a lot, huh?" 

 "How's it been?"

 "Got any favorite spots to go to besides Four Corners?"

 "You done being edgy out here to join the rest yet?"

 "Oh SHUT YOUR MOUTH!" You punched them playfully on the arm. 

 It was nice to have them talking to you again. You kind of missed this, and you didn't even know why you two put your chatting on hiatus. 

 "Soo. Any.. favorite movie?" 

 "Oh. Favorite movie?" You blink a few times. "Yeah, I kinda like [Insert cleverly placed favorite movie of your choice here]."

 "Oh, neat! I heard they were gonna play that at the Silver Mall, you know." Jard began drawing their finger in a circle. "Incase you'd ever wanna go with anybody."

  "Really? Then it'd totally be worth it then." You began to gleam. 

 Jard pulled out his phone, beginning to search something up. "They're showing it... on Friday, I think. If you could maybe set up a few barriers and landmines incase of any nextbots, you'd be able to see a good chunk of it..." 

 "That's pretty cool!... but I don't think I got much money left from yesterday, though.."

 "Oh what, did you waste it on soda cans?" Jard tilted his head with a grinning tease.

 "...No.....?" You grinned nervously. Jard just began to laugh as you turned red in embarrassment. "Come on, it was tempting!" You said as you tried to defend yourself. 

 "My GOD you're so stupidly—... nevermind!" Jard almost couldn't even finish the sentence in their laughing. Once it died down, they said, "I could lend you some, as a starter amount." As a suggestion. 

 "No, no, I'll be getting some money by the end of the round, anyway." You said, shaking your head. "How much you got, anyway?"

 "Oh, lemme see..." Jard said, setting their phone next to them and beginning to scrummage around in their bag. You stood by, watching them, until their phone buzzed. Jard didn't seem to look at it and ignored it... buuut... 

 You kind of were a nosy little dummy so.

 Would you take a peek??

 Why NOT c'mon, what would be the point in not doing that?

 Jard didn't even mind until you said: "OOoooOOOOoohhh, who could THIS be?" In a teasing manner, where you leaned over and took a little look at the notif. 

 "DID YOU ASK (Y/N) OU..."

 Was all you read as Jard immediately pulled away the phone and looked a bit nervous. 

 "...Who was that?" You rose your eyebrow. Jard just looked to the side. 

 "It's nothing. Really." 

 "Jard, you don't have to lie to me", you smile. "You could always tell me."

 "I mean, I was gonna, but I got nervous since I think you're..." Jard was gonna say something, but hesitated at the end.

 "Think I'm what?" You lean in close, narrowing your eyes with a wider smile. 

 "Tchhh, nothing! Nothing." Jard's smile got more nervous. You still approached closer. 

 "Nothing? Or maybe it is something." You grin. Jard just looks a little embarrassed. "Oh what? You wanted to maybe..." You then gasp in a realization. "You wanted to come with me to the Mall, didn't you??" You smiled. "Were you avoiding me because you were too embarrassed to ask me out on... maybe like aaa... DATE?" 

 "Ah-- NO! Come on, don't be absurd. C'mon..." Jard just smiled nervously. They were obviously lying.

 You slinked in closer. "Oh don't 'c'mon' me, you wanna kiss me soooo bad, don't you?" You said as a little joke. You chuckled a bit at your own joke, but they stared a bit blankly at you. 

 "What if I do?"

 "Aha— what." 

 "Yeah." Now they're the one that's leaning in close. "What. If. I. Do?"

 "I wouldn't be complaining." You replied.

 There was a shared silence in a pause. Then, you two slowly slink closer and closer. You turn a bit red. You didn't expect this too quickly but. You weren't complaining, anyway. Maybe, you two might begin to nearly slink into a kis-...

 BANG!

 You two shot away from each other, looking around. 

 Another shot was fired. 

 "Oh yeah... Military Incursion." You facepalmed. You almost forgot. You and Jard immediately got up, beginning to run off into the end of the hallway to be out of sight. 

 "So! We can we go to Silver Mall on Friday, right?" Jard asks with a grin, you two still running.

 "You're worried about that NOW?!"
----

Ahem. Bonus. 

------

 Bobo was smiling happily, and chatting with a few other survivors as Jard sped toward him, pulling him to the side.

 "YOU." Jard pointed at him.

 Bobo turned, tilting his head curiously. 

 "YOU. KNOW WHAT YOU DID." Jard continued to point. "You sent the text at the worst time, you know that?"

 Bobo blinked in a confused stance.

 "At least. I got a date on Friday." Jard huffed. They seemed out of breath still. Bobo passed them a soda, still confused. It wouldn't be a while later before it clicked for him. After, he began to grin. 

 He definitely knew what he did.