Chapter 21: Selfish

Start from the beginning

"Don't leave me" I said in a small voice as Colton shook his head slightly. He seemed frustrated with me, which was understandable, I mean I had been A-wall for the last few days and all of a sudden I show up forcing Colton not to leave me.

He turned around and lifted me off the bed as I dug my face deep into his chest. I was scared, I didn't want to be in Alpha Heralds presence again, but I had to.

I had to make sure Colton isn't hurt, I have to be there to protect him. Although I'm sure Alpha Herald wouldn't try to hurt him due to the fact that he's in Colton's territory.

As we drew closer to Colton's study I snuggled further into his arms. I was terrified of what might happen, but it was important for me to be there. He placed me on the floor and looked me dead in the eye.

"Stay behind me" he said as I nodded in approval. I didn't want to look at Alpha Herald anyway, just looking at him strikes fear in me. Colton slowly opened the study door as Alpha Herald stood there arguing with Kyle. I shrunk back behind Colton as he growled loudly.

The whole room went silent as Alpha Herald turned to face Colton, I stayed stuck behind him as I could feel his back muscles tense. The silence was making my heart beat faster, it was the calm before the storm.

"Get the fuck out of my territory" Colton said through gritted teeth. He sounded angry which made me flinch lightly. I had never heard him speak to someone in such a degrading tone.

"Oh so she's told you" Alpha Herald cackled lowly as I shuddered at his tone of voice. He gave me the creeps.

"Im here for the girl" Alpha Herald said as two members of his pack flanked each side of him. Although I knew they were outnumbered I was still terrified. Alpha Herald is a cunning man he doesn't need numbers when he has intelligence on his side.

I wanted Colton to kill him here but I knew he wouldn't. The alpha code states that you cannot kill another alpha unless your in battle, so if Colton did end up killing Alpha Herald here not only would his reputation go down the drain, but also he would be in trouble with the governing werewolf's.

"If you give me the girl no one has to get hurt" Alpha Herald spoke breaking me out of my thoughts. I shrunk behind Colton placing my hands against his back. His muscles tightened further as my hands made contact with him. He growled so loud I was scared that he would defy the alpha code and just end Alpha Herald here.

"I suggest you leave Herald before I do something I know I won't regret" Colton said his tone low as I hugged his back even tighter.

"She knew I was coming, I just don't understand why she didn't warn you" Alpha Herald said as Colton turned around to face me. He looked so angry that I was terrified, I quickly looked towards the ground trying to avoid eye contact with him. I felt so guilty and disgusted with myself because I hadn't told Colton about this.

"Herald I advice you to leave, I will not repeat myself. If you are not out my territory in another 5 minutes I swear I will personally come and rip your throat out" Colton threatened as Alpha Herald lifted his hands in mock surrender.

"I will be back for the girl" Alpha Herald said lowly as I flinched lightly. I was so scared, this meant that our packs would be going to war and that only scared me more.

People would die because of me, I didn't want to live with that guilt.

"Kyle, Rodney take a few warrior wolfs and make sure they get out of my territory" Colton instructed as Kyle and Rodney nodded.

They both directed alpha Herald out the room as he intentionally brushed his arm against mine. I wanted to be sick and cry in a corner as Alpha Heralds bare skin touched mine, it only ensued more fear in me as he winked and walked out the door without another word.