014. not a victim, victor

(not a victim, victor)

Present Time

They were going grocery shopping. Or rather grocery stealing due to the fact they couldn't actually buy anything. Bonnie and Damon shoved each other gently as they fought over the cart while Klaus and Margot strayed a few feet behind, a common activity they had noted in the past few weeks.

"Stop fighting," the heretic spoke, causing them both to stop. They were like children. She glanced down at her list, "Now, we need strawberries... eggs, milk... Oh and, Bonnie, can you get some candles?"

Bonnie smiled before grabbing two vanilla-scented ones from the shelf beside her.

"I know it's been a while, but you couldn't do magic as an Anchor. So, I'm curious what momentary relapse of reason makes you two think Bonnie can do it now?"

"You don't just lose magic, Damon. There is always something that can put a pause on it and clearly, that's what's happening now. It's like when Bonnie found out about vampires, she got scared and her magic stopped working. We just need to figure out the block."

Bonnie sent the heretic a thankful smile. "Exactly. And two months ago, you sucked at making pancakes and now, they're somewhat edible."

"Milk," Margot exclaimed as they passed a fridge before Damon grabbed a carton as they continued walking.

"-There's no reason to be a Peter-Pessimist. We have proof we are not alone," Bonnie continued as she grabbed a pair of sunglasses off of a rack before putting them on.

"First of all," Damon began as he placed the milk carton in the cart, "Don't nickname, that's my thing. And this proof, this mysteriously filled-in crossword could very easily have been you."

"I didn't fill it in," the witch argued.

"No. You don't know you filled it in. You also don't know that you talk in your sleep-"

"Eggs," Klaus spoke up, causing Bonnie to grab a carton before they continued walking again.

"What are you saying? You're saying I sleep crossword?"

"I'm saying it makes more sense than the alternative."

"I get what you're doing."

Damon scoffed, "What am I doing?"

"You refuse to have hope that you'll see Elena again, so you don't have to be disappointed."

"I refuse to have hope because there's nothing to hope for."

"Pork rinds," Bonnie said, earning a confused look from Margot, "Those aren't on the list, little witch."

"No, there were pork rinds here, on this shelf. There have been pork rinds here on every shopping trip we've had for the past two months–" She paused when the sounds of 'Merry Go Round 'music filled her ears, "You hear that?"

𝐕𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬 | 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 + 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara