021. untold tale

(untold tale)

(untold tale)

A nagging feeling surrounded Margot's mind, clouding her every thought with every second. She couldn't think, breathe or feel anything. It was as if she was just existing but not truly living.

She had felt this before; a flurry of senses and feelings powered by years of abandonment and repressed tears. She knew now that it was her family causing her this pain. Only Samuel would know how to truly kill her from the inside out.

Her years spent in the Orion basement allowed him to see what made her brain tick. He knew her weaknesses and her strengths. Her thought process and how she sometimes acted without thinking of the consequences – something that became obvious by her going to dinner with the man that was planning to kill her best friend only hours later.

Margot's entire relationship with Klaus probably seemed like one made on impulse and rash decisions; at least to Samuel it probably did. Not that the woman cared. Since Stefan took her in, she began to not care about what the older man thought of her.

Still, some thoughts remained. That was a given though. You can never truly escape your demons, no matter how hard you try they will never fully leave you.

It seemed now, as she was stood alone in the Salvatore boarding house's kitchen, that he had made some sort of connection between his and her minds. After three consecutive nightmares all in the same night, Klaus had thought it best for her to spend time with Stefan and Kai.

Stefan had given Kai permission to stay in the boarding house not long after he escaped the prison world. Damon wasn't fond of the idea and new presence but one glare sent by Margot gave him second thoughts. It wouldn't be so bad living with a sociopath.

With the convincing of all four Mikaelsons and the promise of them taking care of the twins, Margot agreed to stay in the boarding house for a few days. She didn't like the idea of leaving them but she knew she wasn't in the proper headspace to care for two newborns.

It was obvious that the twins quickly noticed the loss of their mother and had been tearful ever since the realization. Sure they loved Klaus, but Margot was their mother and they needed her more than anything.

Knowing this, Margot thought it was best for her to go back home later that day.

Stefan, Kai and Damon had all been out at the time under the orders of Margot who had forced them out of the house to retrieve baking supplies. That was the one thing that hadn't changed in Margot's life since having the twins. Her baking was always consistent – it needed to be due to Kol's incessant need for freshly baked treats every day.

Turns out, after Margot moved out, the remaining Salvatores had chosen to stop going grocery shopping altogether and moved all their blood bags to the main fridge. An act that immediately made Margot cringe, sure she was a vampire too but she didn't feel the need to put it out on display.