002. bits of broken

(bits of broken)

(bits of broken)

A few years had passed since Stefan Salvatore saved her from the hands of her father. And for the first time in her life, she had become an actual person. She had moved to New York and even adopted a name. Margot Salvatore.

She was twenty now. The same age she thought Stefan had been when he had saved her. And only a few years older than him... Technically.

Stefan Salvatore, the man who saved her, is a vampire. A 171-year-old one. Stefan was a kind man who had made her feel safe which was something she hadn't felt for a long time. He knew what she was and he didn't care, something that had only happened once in her life.

"We're all monsters in our own way, Maggie. We just can't them take over," he would tell her after she lost control.

Now, as she was walking through a back alley, her phone rang loudly in her back pocket. Margot glanced down at the screen, seeing the contact 'parental unit / bunny muncher' before answering. "Hey, Stef. What's up?"

"Are you still in New York, Maggie?" he asked, his voice coming softly through the speakers of her cellphone.

"Yeah, I'm just taking a walk. Why? What's going on?"

His voice sounded different. Tenser as if it were forced. "I need you to meet me in Mystic Falls."

"Mystic Falls? Stef, you hate it there. You said you were never going back after the incident."

She heard the vampire sigh, "I know. Just come. Please."

Margot glanced at her watch, noticing how late she was for her last date with her soon to be ex girlfriend. "Alright... Are you okay? You sound upset."

"I'm okay, sweetheart. I love you."

"I love you too."

— — —

It was odd being back in Mystic Falls. Margot had thought she would never go back, not after one of the tomb vampires tried to kill her. That had been the first night she used her powers.

She hated them. She hated what she was. How could she not? It was all she was ever taught.

She took in a breath as she glanced down at her sweaty palms before shoving them in her coat pockets as she walked inside the Salvatore boarding house.

"Is that you, Margot?" Stefan's voice filled her ears as she heard him run down the stairs before speeding into the entryway where she stood.

"Mhm. I missed you," she whispered into his shoulder as she embraced him, his arms quickly wrapping around her waist. "I missed you too, sweetheart. How was New York?"

"Boring."

"I thought you met a girl?" He pulled back slightly, his hands resting on her shoulders as he took a look at the girl he hadn't seen in two months. "What was her name again... Bella? No... Brie."