019. small and great

(small and great)

(small and great)

1 Month Later

"Have you ever worn skinny jeans? Ah, it seems so wrong. I'm all bunched up. Also, why are jeans so tight when phones are so big?"

"Yeah, I don't know what to tell you, pal," a taxi driver answered as he glanced back in the rearview mirror with an annoyed expression.

The boy in the backseat of the cab sighed, "Oh, god. I'm that guy, right? That guy that won't shut up. Oh, I hate that guy. I just sat next to that guy on the plane. He was the worst..."

He paused as he leaned up to the driver, "Hey, speaking of planes, have you flown recently? Because what's with the whole liquid situation? And the stripping before you go through the security thing? It's weird."

"They're worried about terrorists," the taxi driver informed tiredly.

The boy chuckled, "Okay, well, I'm sorry but the real terrorists are some of those people taking off their shoes... I know I'm chatty. Sorry. I've just been in prison for a while– well not like a regular prison, no more like a-"

The cab driver parked the car, "Alright. We're here. That'll be thirty."

The boy nodded as he shoved his hand in his pocket. "Alright... Jeans," he muttered as he pulled out a ten before handing it to the driver. "Here, take this," he told him before moving to his next pocket.

"Hang on. Hang on, I got it," he spoke as he grabbed a pair of earbuds with a shrug. "I guess this will do."

He quickly strung the earbuds across the driver's neck and pulled the ends tightly. The man coughed against his hold for a few minutes until he went limp.

The younger man smiled before putting the earbuds in the man's ears and exiting the car. "Thank you."

Not long after, he entered a bar just outside of Whitmore College.

Rock music played in the background as he walked towards the bar and took a seat on one of the many stools. There was a single bartender working.

"How can I help you?" she asked, her eyes leaving the glass she was cleaning to meet him.

He stared at her for a second before he answered, "One zima, please."

"Hilarious. Are you going to order something or just gonna stare?"

The boy tsked, "Okay. Uh... How about a soda?" He glanced at her nametag, "Liv."

As the girl walked away he chuckled, "Liv. Ironic."

A couple moments later, she came back and handed him a cup.

"Are you on Twitter?" he asked just as she was about to walk away. "I just signed up, you should follow me. CobraKai1972."