004. devil, defeated

(devil, defeated)

(devil, defeated)

"What's up, dumbass? Hey, Dad!" Margot said excitedly as she walked inside the boarding house, quickly spotting Stefan and Damon sitting casually on the two couches in the parlour.

She had left for a few days, choosing to go back to New York to retrieve her belongings. She had also wanted to tie up some loose ends, one of those being Brie, her ex-girlfriend.

"Is, uh, is Brie Hughes here?" Margot asked as she walked inside the law firm in the centre of the city.

A secretary stared at her as he straightened a few stray papers that sat across his desk. "Do you have an appointment?"

"An appointment? No, I don't have an appointment but that isn't what I asked. Is she here or not?" she questioned as she looked around the firm's first floor, fluttering on her toes from the nerves that filled her.

The man looked at her unsurely, "Please calm down, miss."

"I am calm. I'm just in a bit of a hurry. She's- Just tell her Margot Salvatore is here."

He nodded as he held a phone to his ear. Only a few minutes later, the woman she was looking for came walking down in all her glory with a smirk on her face. "Hey, Mar."

Margot smiled as she moved away from the front desk. "Hey, Brie."

They had spent a few days more together than Margot had planned and said their goodbyes in their own special way which involved Margot with her head between the woman's thighs but that was beside the point.

She was done with New York. She had moved on. And so had Brie.

Stefan smiled as he pulled his daughter into his arms as she sat beside him, instantly resting her head on his shoulder. "Rose is dead, Caroline was kidnapped by the werewolves, Elijah is daggered, Isobel killed herself in front of Elena and Katherine is dead," he said simply as held onto her a little tighter than normal.

"Oh..." she paused, "I brought pizza."

Damon grinned widely as he grabbed the four boxes from the front door. "Great, I'm starving."

— — —

"Who is this guy? Safari Sam?" a man asked rhetorically as he looked through Alaric, the history teacher's, closet. He let out a sigh which sounded more like a scoff before he pulled out two shirts and held them in front of a woman who was tied down to a chair by her wrists and ankles. "Okay, bad or badder?"

"The dark colours suit you better," she answered as she gripped the handles chair.

"Oh, thank you, honey. Okay, pop quiz. The dagger and white ash are in the Salvatore's possession?"

"The dagger was used to kill Elijah. You'll find him in the basement of the boarding house."

He nodded as he pulled on his jacket. "Okay, that dagger needs to stay exactly where it is. The last thing I need to do is resurrect Elijah. That guy is a buzzkill."