015. our ending, new beginnings

(our ending, new beginnings)

Metal pierced the skin of her wrists as she tugged at the restraints helplessly in a feeble attempt to get free. Her wrists were tainted red and throbbed in pain but she couldn't stop, not now, not after this.

The air was slowly diminishing in the room, the small vent in the far corner did nothing to help her near-empty lungs as she gasped for breaths.

Margot's eyes were red-rimmed with tears brewing inside the corners. She was only thirteen, she couldn't die yet. There was still so much for her to see, so many people for her to meet.

A scream left her lips as a crack sounded from her thumb as she dislocated it to set herself from the handcuff. She held her hand to her chest, watching as the skin turned red and blotchy in a matter of minutes before she forced herself to the small vent.

Slight wisps of air blew against her bruised face as she breathed in, a small feeling of relief filling her as the air filled her lungs.

The cuts on her forehead and cheeks, both inflicted by her father, leaked dark red blood onto the concrete floor beneath her as she closed her defeated eyes with a soft exhale.

Margot gasped, her eyes wide, as she sat up on her and Klaus' shared bed. Without thinking, Klaus quickly wrapped his arms around her, eyes still full of sleep, as he held her shaking body. "I got you, love. You're safe with me. He's not here," he whispered into her ear as he gently rocked her back into proper mind.

His shirt turned a shade darker as her tears stained the white fabric, her hands clutching it so tightly that wrinkles appeared at the fabric around his waist.

Her breaths didn't calm down until moments later when she met his worried blue eyes that stared down at her with nothing but sadness. He had seen the dream, or rather the memory. Her mind had been so unprotected as she slept that it somehow dragged his mind inside to view the darkest of dark times.

"I miss him," Margot cried as his hand came up to hold her cheek, his thumb gently caressing away the stray tears that fell from her eyes and resided on her cheeks.

"I know," Klaus whispered, "But, you are going to see him again. I promise you I will do everything in my power so that you can see Stefan again. Even if it kills me."

The heretic let out a choked laugh as she pressed her forehead to his, "I'd rather you didn't die. I kind of like having you around. Even if you are a little annoying at times."

"Hey!" he shouted with amusement as a laugh left his lips. Bright smiles were painted on the couple's faces, ones so soft that it was as if the nightmares hadn't even existed, as if they were the only people in the universe.

"I love you, Niklaus."

His lips touched hers gingerly before pulling away, unable to stop the smile that seemed to never leave his lips when he was around her. "I love you too, Margot."