020. the city of sin

(the city of sin)

(the city of sin)

"Midnight Witch. Midnight Witch. Midnight Witch," the demonic voice chanted in Margot's ears, the sounds ricocheting through her brain as she walked into the Mikaelson kitchen with Hope and Henry in her arms. Hope hadn't stopped crying and no one else was home which left her to care for both twins.

Margot sighed as she sat Henry down in his baby chair before warming up a bottle for Hope who seemingly refused to stop screaming. The voice in her mind, however, seemed to have the same mindset and relentlessly chose to scream the words "Midnight Witch" in her brain on a loop.

"Please stop," she muttered tiredly as she held the bottle to Hope's lips only for the baby to grab it and throw it across the room. Margot held back an eye roll and a small laugh as she picked up the bottle, "Just like your Dad, huh? He's a dick too."

Hope's cries fell short as a giggle left her lips at the sound of her Dad's name. The heretic smiled, "You miss your Dad? Is that why you're so sad, Hopey?" She let out a sigh, "Yeah... Me too."

Beside them, Henry gurgled as he clapped his hands as if he were trying to gain Margot's attention. Margot knelt down slightly as she set down Hope beside her brother before gently grabbing the boy's outstretched hand, "Look who finally decided to wake up."

Henry let out a big yawn before a smile lifted at the corners of his lips. Margot grinned widely as she forgot about the voice in her head and stared at her son's smile. He had only learned how to smile a week before and ever since the soft smile never seemed to leave his face, unless he was around his father, then he almost growled when the man would attempt to touch Margot.

The two babies were more like Klaus than Margot expected them to be. Henry was clingy, in the best way, and Hope was needy, but in the best way as well.

Hope also looked like her dad, both sharing the same crystal eyes and rosy lips. And while Henry shared the same eyes as her, he carried the same smirk as his father.

The sun had gone down hours before and the kitchen was lit by the white glow of the moon along with the false candles that turned on every day before nightfall. Elijah had insisted they use them rather than real candles due to Kol almost setting the house on fire after leaving one on.

Speaking of Kol, the man seemed to be returning from his nightly bar run. Margot could tell it was him the second a bang sounded from the door. Kol had run into the door... for the third time that week.

The heretic chuckled as the vampire entered the kitchen, rubbing his forehead as he did so. "Are you okay, Kol?"

He hummed, "Oh, I'm fine. I think we should get rid of doors – It's a new style I believe. Modern shit, right? We'd have to deal with the bugs somehow but maybe Nik will eat them. He's part dog... Dogs eat bugs, right?"

"I think you are referring to frogs, Koala," Margot teased as she felt Henry grasp her finger.

"He kinda looks like a frog."