Part 43 : Mount of Hope

Y/n's POV

I rang the bell of my old home, Taehyung stood beside me. Shang opened the door and smiled at me. I smiled back at her.

No matter how much I hate coming here, I will always come here unless Shang is a part of this home, which was nothing but a hell for me.

She hugged me and I hugged her back.
"Dad seems serious."
She whispered in my ears and I wanted to tear up. I was scared. Now when I know what happened that day with me and Jungkook.

I broke the hug. Taehyung hugged Shang. My hands were trembling and don't know how he knew about it. He held my hands tightly.

We glanced at each other. His eyes spoke like 'Trust me'.
My stomach did flips in that gesture and a giddy feeling ringed in heart.

A genuine smile came on my lips and maybe even for a second I forgot I was in hell. His hands on mine were enough to bring me to heaven.

We entered in and went to hall.

"Welcome, Taehyung... My son."
Dad said and hugged Taehyung.

How a monster lies behind this nice yet fake facade of him!

He looked at me.
"How are you y/n?"
I nodded not replying anything, looking down.

"Come... Have drink with me."
He said and dragged Taehyung with me. I was also dragged along with them as Taehyung had hold of my hands... Still...

He sat on sofa and made me sit beside him. Shang came and sat beside me on other side.

"Y/n... Help me in kitchen... Do dishes, please."
Aunt said coming in hall.

I nodded getting up but was stopped as Taehyung didn't left my hand. I looked at him and then at our hands. He has intentionally held my wrist. I looked at him confused.

He looked at my aunt.
"Sorry... Mom... But I need y/n by my side..."
My confusion grew.

Aunt chuckled awkwardly and said.
"I'm not taking her away from you forever."

"I would die if even for a second she leaves me."
He pulled me back making me sit beside him again.

I looked at him confused finding his behaviour odd.

She laughed it off. A fake facade.
"It's ok... Shang... Help me decorating the dine."
Shang stood up and went to her mom.

Taehyung intertwined our hands. I looked at dad and he stared at our hands. I tried to snatch my hands back but his grip was too tight.

"So... For the real thing I've called you both here... You all know the reason."
Dad started.

"Sorry... Dad but I really don't know what you are talking about?"
Taehyung said. Maybe he doesn't know but I do know.

Dad looked at me. And the look on his face... It was similar like that I have seen when he attacked me and Kook. That monster glare.

"Do you remember? Can you figure out what I'm talking about y/n?"
I looked down and bit my lip.

"Are you pregnant?"
I looked up at his face and then at Taehyung's.

He nodded assuring me to speak truth and I gained all lost confidence just to speak....
"No!"

"Why not, yet?"
He asked again and I remain shut. His voice cold as ice and sharp as knife.

"WHY NOT?!"
He shouted standing up. I flinched and held Taehyung's hand with my both hands.