Chapter 37: Break

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Tell me about it, do you remember when we glued headphones to that one guy and made him listen to loud rock music at full volume till he's ear bleed," he asked.

"Or how we blew up one of the big four in a plan. That was kind of a cool time" I said.

"Oh I remember that, or when we killed Brandon by making him target practice, that was gruesome" he commented with a laugh.

"Don't mention that guy's name, it annoys me remembering him. Anyway While I was away have you done anything gruesomely" I asked.

"Hmm let's see, I once pushed someone off a building, I tied someone on the train tracks, I also fed someone to a pack of wolves. nothing really gruesome, I think my creativity had died alongside you, I just wanted to inflict pain in everyone, I wanted them all to feel what I felt so I just went on a killing rampage mostly" he said.

I grinned.

"Aww did you miss me that bad, I heard you didn't even cry when I died how sad" I commented.

"I couldn't believe you were gone, I felt like crying would make everything feel real and if that happened I would have probably ended it all"

"Hmm, I understand why you cried so much that day then" I blurted out.

"What day, I never cried" he defended.

"Yes you did, after I regained my memory, when we were on the rooftop you—"

He banged his hands on the table.

"It was raining that day, you didn't see it properly so don't start spreading rumors, you think I'd cry because you said a few words to me," He asked.

I chuckled.

"Of course, you could. Who else in the entire world can make you cry in 10 seconds if you don't want anyone to find out Bribe me then, there are still some gaps in my memory I might forget this and tell someone" I teased.

"I already bought you an island though" he reminded.

"You are right but I want something else"

"What. Just name it and I'll give it to you" he assured.

"I want to spend more quality time with you like this, this little chat was fun I missed this feeling so much" I spoke up.

He looked at me surprised.

"I missed us talking like this too. The silence felt so awkward, it felt like we turned into a sexless old couple. I thought we had actually run out of things to say to each other. The idea of that happening makes me shudder" he said shaking his body.

I couldn't hold in it, I bursted out laughing.

" you didn't just say that, How dare you compare our relationship to an old sexless couple—anyway I always have something I want to talk to you about but your attention is always divided between me and Skylar and you know how I feel about sharing, "I said.

" I'm sorry, I've been insensitive, after you told me you were lonely I should really do more to make you feel welcomed "he apologized.

" don't stress I understand and besides—"

"No, you are my top priority, no one will ever be more important than you. I'll have to repent for my sin and drown you in so much love and attention you gain weight from all the sweetness. I'll miss work today so we can hang out" he said with determination and excitement.

"I appreciate that but I have plans with Steve today, he said he's in town for a few days and wanted to tell me something" I announced.

"Huh"