A Golden Celebration

Start from the beginning

"Allura!" Novae shouted grabbing Allura's hand and placed it on Tavo's head, "Focus right here while I prepare my blood."

Allura nodded and focused her energy into her hand to help calm Tavo. Novae didn't waste time biting her thumb to make it bleed and spilling the blood on Tavo's head. Immediately, the blood did its job and calmed Tavo, but from his body came a black and crimson orb radiating nothing but malice and hatred. Novae could feel it clear as day, it was an entity of pure darkness.

The same kind of darkness that corrupted her once kind and strong Uncle all those years ago.

It floated in the air for a moment before covering itself in purple flames and started bouncing everywhere in the room. The alarms blared loudly announcing the dangerous entity being in the room as Allura and Novae scrambled to get Tavo away from it. The two doctors helped get Tavo out of the room and shut the door behind them to trap the entity inside.

The entity thudded against the glass until the room was engulfed in a red light and the entity was immobilized. Commander Holt and his associates quickly came to help contain the entity inside a secure case.

After making sure that Tavo would recover and returning him to the other Alteans, Allura and Novae went with Commander Holt to observe the entity within its container.

"This unit uses the ship's crystal to energize the optronic vacuum casing." Sam explained, "It was designed to contain diseases, but it should suffice until we find a more permanent solution."

"Thank you, Sam." Allura said while glaring at the orb, "That think, it as is it was communicating with me."

"Allura, what do you mean by that?" Novae asked.

"I don't understand it completely, I couldn't understand what it was trying to say."

Novae sighed and pulled Allura away from the canister, "I would love to destroy this thing with my blood, but for the sake of answers, we have to keep it intact. If I could just study this entity, then perhaps I could figure out how Honerva is connecting with the Altean pilots."

"Perhaps you should stay away from it, too, Novae. I don't know what kind of effect it could have on you or anyone else."

Novae nodded, "You're right, but I would like to be given access to this room for research purposes."

"Of course, but for now, please stay away from it."

Both Allura and Novae left the room, but before Allura could leave to her room, Novae pulled her back.

"Allura." She said, "No matter what happens, do not go into that room. And if you don't feel safe at anytime, please do not hesitate to come to me or the others. Alright?"

Allura sighed and turned back to Novae, seeing her concerned expression. 

"I understand."

Novae smiled and let Allura go before heading over to the Bridge to see what the situation of their travel was. Once she entered, Novae saw Shiro standing at his post as Captain.

"Takashi." She called out gaining his attention.

"Novae, hey." He greeted as she walked to his side, "How did everything go with the incident in the interrogation room? Is Tavo all right?"

"He'll be fine with a little bit of rest. Just in case, I left a vial of my blood with the Alteans."

"All right then."

Novae chuckled, "So, how is our travel going? Smoothly I hope."

"Yeah, the ship is doing just fine from what I'm told."