Truths Are Revealed

Începe de la început

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"I had to see you. I had to warn you about Stephen." 

"What has he got planned?" Xavier implored.

"Can we go somewhere? I don't like being here." Sophie sniffled. 

I picked her up and led her upstairs, ignoring the boys protests. I made Xavier drop us back off to the pack house so she could be more comfortable. As soon as we got in, I grabbed her a hot drink and a sandwich she must have been hungry having to sleep outside all night. 

Once she had finished up and got settled she finally began to talk. 

"Thank you for being so kind to me." She smiled. 

"There is not need to thank me." 

"So what did you want to tell us." Xavier said.

 "Oh yes. I had to come find you. I had to warn you." 

"Warn me about what Sophie?" 

"Stephen. He is out for you and your family. He has really lost it Ariana.  When you left and after he got better from Xavier had done to him. The pack had decided to shun him, we all voted for a new Alpha and for Stephen to be kicked out. He was pissed. He went off somewhere with some of the few pack members that decided to stay by him. No one had seen in at least two months but last week he came back in the middle of the night and set the place alight. It was horrible. So many people died, so many children." She sobbed. 

"That is awful." 

"The people who managed to survive went elsewhere and joined other packs, the rest well I don't know what happened to them." 

"So why are you here? Aiden said impatiently.

"When everyone went of elsewhere. I decided to follow him. I found him staying in a rogue pack. I made sure not to be seen.  One morning, Stephen and the leader of the rogues were taking a stroll in the woods. They were talking about you Ariana. Stephen has made the Alpha believe that Xavier kidnapped you and your children. He believes you are being hurt and your children are being kept away from you because of Stephens lies."

"He said what?" Xavier shouted.

"He is making out you took his mate and children away from him and now the Alpha has given him full control of his pack to attack you." 

"What are we going to do?" Jackson said. 

"Do you know the name of this Rogue leader?  Xavier asked. 

"Yeah, his name is Evan Monroe. His pack border by the Lake Richmond." 

"What are you going to do?" I asked. 

"I am going to arrange a meeting with him." 

"Are you serious? He thinks you are kidnapper, and that you abuse women and children. I don't think he is going to want to talk to you." I yelled. 

"Let me sort that out. Jackson, Aiden with me. Ariana make sure a bed is made up for Sophie." 

With that he left. I was so worried. I know he can handle himself but this was different. This Evan guy is thinking the worst of Xavier. All because of Stephens lies. I hate him. 

I got Sophie set up in one of the rooms and sat with her for a while.

"I am so sorry about of this." She whimpered. 

"Sophie, you have nothing to apologise for. You have probably just saved mine and my kids life, I am so grateful to you for that." 

She smiled.