💞 She Smiled 💞

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'

No Warnings!

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'

-No One's POV-

Lia is upset.

That is an understatement of how she’s feeling but it seems fit. You might be wondering what does she have to be upset over. Right? Lia is popular and pretty, other students are jealous of how close she is with Zoey and the others. She has such a perfect life.

Yet here she is crying her eyes out for many stupid reasons outside at nighttime. Zoey is just so mad at her because of the recording. Lia lost her best friend, she knows Zoey isn’t really gone but it still hurts.

She can easily fix things but she still hasn’t. Why hasn’t Lia fixed things? Aren’t you supposed to try to fix things as soon as you can between yourself and your best friend? Why isn’t Lia fixing things?

It’s not her fault. She just didn’t think things would go this far. The whole group fell apart. Nobody’s talking to each other and Lia is just doing nothing!

Why did the recording go this far? It wasn’t supposed to go this way. It was supposed to have Jake come back to the group and it would be the way it used to. Or maybe even better than before. But instead it broke apart because of her stupid jealousy.

Then the recording was leaked and everything went to shit. Yup shit that’s right.
Jake started ignoring the Jomies, Lia and Zoey. He even glares at them when near any of them.

She doesn’t blame him but it still hurts to be ignored by all the people who you used to hang out with practically every day or at least talked to all the time.

Lia felt upset as she saw many others at school hanging out with their friends. She used to have that, but now she’s alone.

So alone, she sobbed and gasped for air. Lia pressed both her palms to her eyes and cried.

Everything just has been so hard being alone. She’s a loner in the hallways now.

“Lia?”

Lia moved her arms to hug herself. She looked up with tears still swelling in her eyes. "Hey Jake...”

”What happened?” He worried for her, he took off his head phones as he waited for a response, if there even was going to be one. “It’s nothing, just me being silly.” Lia laughed pitifully.

“You don’t look all that silly... I know things have been awkward lately but I’m still here for you.” Jake shoved his hands into his pockets and looked up to the sky.

The moon was a full tonight, Lia knew it without even looking up. Her older brother was obsessed with the moon, and just planets in general.

She wiped at her eyes as an attempt to try to save what little reputation she has with Jake. Even if he had already heard and saw her crying her eyes out a few moments before.

Lia smiled at him. “..Thank you, Jake. I mean it. You’ve just been so sweet even after everything...” she muttered that last part.

Jake’s face was red and he knew it. “It wasn’t fair when I ditched you and the others. I’m still upset but that doesn’t mean I don’t still care for you all.” He sat down next to her on the bench.

“I still care about you too...” Lia hesitates, not trying to overstep any boundaries of comfort.

Jake smiled at her warmly, she couldn’t breathe when she saw it. She looked away slowly at an attempt to not seem odd.

“I know.” Jake said as he placed his hand over hers gently, not dropping his smile for a moment.

Maybe Lia wasn’t as alone as she once thought.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'

[612 words]
[Finished on September 26]

🌺- This is probably gonna be the last story that we post on this book, because we're all done with it 😭