XII

When I think about my favorite moment with you, it is a very definite moment.

Sometimes I think it's when I first asked you if I was allowed to kiss you, and you said yes.

Something I think that maybe it was the first time I allowed you to Lift my shirt up— fearful, but ready.

Other times, I think that maybe it's when i sat next to you in math class as you doodled on my hand as I pretended to be annoyed by it.

Or When you first held my hand, wordlessly, not knowing that at the moment I was falling madly in love with you.

But always, always, i know that my favorite moment with you...

Was when you had to leave one morning, but before you did you sat on the edge of my bed and woke me, saying you had to leave.

But instead of leaving it at that you sat there despite having your mother pulled up in my driveway waiting for you.

You smiled as I grumbled tiredly— I was never a morning person— and wrapped my arms around your waist and nuzzled my face into your stomach.

You laughed softly as I grumpily placed your hands back into where your fingers were delicately brushing through my hair, resuming as I huff out what I hope you understood was my gratefulness.

The soft kiss you planted on the top of my head as you whispered your goodbyes.

We have an infinite amount of good moments— great moments even. But when I think about my favorite.

That is the one.