𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝐬𝐯𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐦

❝ but you'll never be alone, i'll be with you from dusk till dawn ❞

but you'll never be alone, i'll be with you from dusk till dawn

≫•✯•≪
chapter fifteen,
𝐒𝐕𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐅𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐌

——— UPON THE DEAD REALM OF SVARTALFHEIM, Triston stood by Lidianna, looking over the dead plains and broken cities. He could never understand how a place like this, so dreadful, was once a home to an entire species.

"What I could do with the power that flows through those veins," Triston heard Loki say, causing him to pull from his thoughts. He glanced back at Loki a moment, finding he was staring at the unconscious Jane Foster. He shook his head, choosing to stay silent as he glanced back over the dead realm.

"You will not touch her," Lidianna told her father and Loki scoffed.

"You think so low of me," he said, only to immediately say afterwards, "Nevermind."

"Doesn't matter if he touches her or not, it would consume him," Thor said.

"She's holding up alright," Loki said as Triston spotted Lidianna sit down next to Jane at the corner of his eye, "For now."

"If you don't shut up right now," Triston muttered, rubbing his forehead in annoyance.

"She's strong in ways you'd never even known," Thor told his brother.

"Say goodbye," Loki said, and Triston quickly spun around to face his uncle, only to find him staring, "Both of you."

"Not on this day," Thor said.

"She is not going to die," Triston added.

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heartbeat. You'll never be ready," Loki said, almost like he was speaking from experience, "The only woman whose love you prized will be snatched from you."

"And that would satisfy you?" Thor asked.

"Satisfaction is not in my nature," Loki said but Lidianna let out a laugh as Triston kept his eyes on his uncle.

"Surrender is not in mine," Thor sternly said.

"The Son of Odin—" Loki annoyingly murmured.

"No. Not just of Odin," Thor said before he rose and stepped towards Loki as Triston eyed him. He knew a fight between the brothers was stirring up again. "You think you alone were loved by Mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust."