𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧

❝ light it up, on the run

light it up, on the run. let's make love tonight. make it up, fall in love

≫•✯•≪
chapter fourteen,
𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍

——— THE DARK COUNCIL ROOM made Triston feel anxious, fearful of getting caught, but surrounded by everyone he'd ever known, made him feel a bit better. The Prince and his father stood on both sides of Lidianna as the three of them faced a room full of their closet friends; Lady Sif, Fandral, Volstagg, Hemidall, Lady Rune Kaelansdottir, Asmund Kaelanson, Lidia Leifsdottir, and Lady Siv Garthsdottir.

The room had their eyes on Lidianna, just how Triston and Thor wanted. The two treated her like an equal, more like their leader, and wanted everyone to treat her that way as well.

"What I'm about to ask of you..." Thor began, all three of them staring at their friends and family with stern expressions, "...is the treason of the highest order. Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our death. Malekith knew the Aether was here, he could sense its power. If we do nothing, he will come for it again, but this time lay waste to all of Asgard."

The group stared at the three, all intrigued and wonder. Even Lady Siv, though she did have a good idea what it would be about. Especially knowing the mischief Triston and Lidianna would have pulled to do what they needed to do.

"We must move Jane off-world," Thor continued.

They all stared at him shocked.

"The Bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract is locked away in the vault," Lady Sif said.

"There are other paths off Asgard," Hemidall said before his eyes landed on Lidianna. Triston's eyes were on her as well. He hadn't been able to keep his eyes off of her. "Ways are known only to a few," the gatekeeper continued.

"One, actually," Lidianna said after a moment. And the group realized what she meant. And her mother's family stared at her shocked.

"Lidianna..." Lady Rune murmured as Lady Siv stared lightly confused.

"No," Volstagg sternly said.

"He will betray you," Fandral added.

"He will try," Thor said.

"Lidianna..." Lady Rune spoke again, slowly standing from her spot. Triston pulled his eyes onto the Lady Aunt, who had the most worried look over her. "Are you sure this is wise? I know he's your father, but he's—"

"Mischievous, I know," Lidianna quietly muttered, causing Triston to quickly furrow his brows, "...but I have no choice."

"I do not think this is wise," Lidia Leifsdottir spoke up, earning the attention of everyone, "...but if you think this is the right choice then... of course we'll follow your suits, dear Lidi."