𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐯 𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐫

❝ can you feel where the wind is? can you feel it through all the windows inside this room? ❞

can you feel where the wind is? can you feel it through all the windows inside this room?

≫•✯•≪
chapter eleven,
𝐋𝐀𝐃𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐕 𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐒𝐃𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐑

——— EVERYONE WAS EATING PLEASANTLY, smiling and talking and laughing in the dining room that night. But Triston just sat in between his parents, completely silent, thinking to himself. He could hear Asmund and his wife, Viscountess Lidia Leifsdottir, talking with Thor while Lady Rune talked to his mother. But he had completely dazed himself from the conversation, thinking and only thinking about the tug at his heart. Is this what his father felt? When he was going to marry someone he didn't love? Whoever that young woman was — he hoped she made the situation better for them. Just as he hoped the woman he was to marry would be the same.

Volstagg threw an empty mug of ale to the ground, demanding another, as the others laughed. And Fandral had whispered something in Lady Rune's ear which made her grin ear from ear. All Triston did was smile with a sad affection.

He wanted to get on with the evening. But barely half way through and he had enough. He moved to stand, but to his utter confusion, Thor and Lady Sif stood with him. That is until he followed their eye sight, finding a properly dressed young woman approaching with his grandparents and her parents. She wore a long, purple gown, her long dark hair in deep, tight curls, her brown eyes focused on Triston nervously. She was truly a Goddess. But she wasn't his Goddess.

Abruptly, a small snicker left Thor's lips, causing Triston and Lady Sif to look at him. "She's wearing purple," he muttered, which only made him laugh once saying it out loud. Triston stared at his father oddly, realizing that he was laughing about something he couldn't possibly understand. "She's wearing a purple dress!"

Asmund, Lady Rune, and Lidia looked up at him, as he continued to laugh. It was like he couldn't stop. He looked down at Lady Sif, who stared at him annoyed. "Don't you find that...amusing?" he asked, and grinned when he caught the mother of his child trying to suppress a smile.

"Possibly," she said but nudged him when he let out a giggle, "Stop it. Now."

"Okay," Thor quickly cleared his throat, "It's not funny. I swear it's..." He suddenly looked serious, "Not...funny."

Triston continued to stare at his father oddly, even when Lady Sif guided him away from the table and towards the young woman. When they passed Lady Rune, the woman snickered to herself before stopping when Asmund shot her a look.

Prince Triston stepped before the young woman as his grandfather eyed him sternly. "Prince Triston Thorson of Asgard — This is Lady Siv Garthsdottir."

Triston forced a soft smile as the girl curtsied. "Your Highness," she said and Triston almost chuckled.

"You don't have to do that, M'lady," he said. But sent his father a hard side glance when he heard him snicker again. Only to be silenced when Lady Sif nudged his arm harshly.