Ep. 22: When Earths Collide, Part II

Episode 22: When Earths Collide, Part II

"You cannot stop what has already been set in motion!" Empress Dioda boomed, sending ALPHA and Steel flying onto their backs with a sudden burst of energy. She threw her head back, unleashing a maniacal laugh that echoed off the base's walls. "Your destruction is the will of god, and I am its instrument!"

She thrust out her hands, ensnaring the pair in thick cables that pinned them to the floor. She spun on her heels, shattering the glass case with her double-edged blade before snatching the gauntlet from inside.

"It's been lovely, but I really must be going," She teleported away, but not before adding, "Until next time!"

Back at the NASADA base, Nate tried vainly to break through Maintanner's defense as he repeatedly blocked his sword using his twin boomerangs. Meanwhile, Quincy dug in his heels and steadied his aim. He fired multiple blaster bolts at Delete, who narrowly swatted the projectiles away with his energy whip. The two robots knocked the Gold Rangers back with a burst of energy, then cackled as they toppled over.

"ACCESS GRANTED," Maintanner's ICE-pick emitted an electronic 'click,' and the door to the storage room slid open.

"Finally!" Maintanner holstered his wrenches, then turned and entered the storage room. Sitting atop a pillar in the center of the room was a metal sphere with a radar dish, which Maintanner grabbed before teleporting away.

"So long, Rangers!" Delete taunted, teleporting away a few moments after his compatriot.

Alt stood her ground as Wendy and Zoey rushed her, filling the plant with blaster bolts. She effortlessly swatted the projectiles away with her pistols' bayonets, then returned fire. The Yellow Rangers hollered clumsily as they were launched backward by a large explosion, and Alt turned and made her way to a massive piece of machinery behind her. She thrust out her hands, and energy tendrils shot out of her fingers and latched onto the machine. A tank on her back glowed green as it filled with Energon, and Alt turned back around as Wendy and Zoey pulled themselves up to their feet.

"Looks like our girl's night just came to an end," She taunted, teleporting away. "Later, ladies!"

"I tire of your senseless babble!" Shovelloader roared, smacking Kenny aside with his shovel arm. He deflected a blaster-bolt Ravi shot at him, then retaliated by firing a volley of screw-esque bullets. As the two Blue Rangers toppled onto the ground, the Mechalius general turned and motioned to his troops. "Tronics, secure the payload for transport!"

The robotic footsoldiers promptly obeyed his command, attaching a series of transmitters to the carts filled with scrap metal. They vanished in a flurry of ones and zeroes, as did the Tronics. Shovelloader clenched his fist as Kenny and Ravi climbed back onto their feet.

"I'd end your pathetic lives here and now, but that would be redundant. The W'rkncacnter's return is at hand!" With that, Shovelloader teleported away, leaving the two Blue Rangers alone.

"ACCESS GRANTED," The ICE-pick Vargoyle set up emitted an electronic 'click,' drawing the Mechalius general's attention as he continued to spar with Devon.

"Control the computer!" Vargoyle called out.

"I'm a little preoccupied at the moment," Control scoffed, blocking another saber strike from Griffin. He kicked the Red Ranger in the sternum, then teleported over to the terminal and typed a string of commands into its keyboard. He slotted a thumb drive into its USB port, then copied a file in its database onto the storage device before ejecting it. "I've got what we need. Let's go!"

"Very well!" Vargoyle launched Devon into the wall with a powerful energy blast, then vanished in a flash of light.

"Adieu~!" Control waved to Griffin, disappearing in a flurry of ones and zeroes.