fourteen: mr. omen

Wyatt snuck Nicki away from the flashing lights and overbearing noise and carried her up a hidden staircase into a room with a wooden desk and a black leather couch.

"Where are you taking me?" Nicki squeaked. Wyatt didn't reply, closing the door behind them and clicking the lock. He swung Nicki's legs around his body so they straddled his waist and slammed her firmly into the wall. His mouth took up hers in an aggressive passion, their tongues dancing to the muffled music below them.

Nicki clung to his body, grinding her hips into his. She didn't understand what was happening, but she didn't care. It was finally just the two of them and that was all she wanted.

Wyatt broke away from their embrace but kept his hands on Nicki's waist. He carried her over to the couch and quickly sat down, laying Nicki on her stomach across his lap. Before she could ask what he was doing, he brought his palm down firmly on her left cheek. Nicki let out a gasp; shocked yet incredibly delighted.

Wyatt raised her off his lap and sat her upright on the couch, her rear end stinging. He left her to sit alone and made his way to sit in the large chair behind his desk. The atmosphere around him was almost vibrating — like a snake waiting to strike.

"I'm glad you came, Sage," Wyatt finally spoke, leaning back in his seat like he'd finally had the chance to sit down after a long day of work. Nicki blinked at him.

"Why did you do that?" she asked, her face turning as red as her rear.

"Do what?"

"Pull me off the stage. I thought that's what you wanted." Nicki tried to keep her voice firm.

"I wanted to see you. I never told you to join the auditions, that was all you." Wyatt's eyes danced with her playfully. Nicki couldn't argue, it was true.

"Why did you audition?" Wyatt asked, rubbing at his stubbled chin with curiosity. Nicki twiddled her thumbs as she thought of an honest answer.

"I don't know. I had to prove something," she murmured. Wyatt chuckled lightly.

"Well, you certainly proved one thing." Wyatt leaned in closer. Nicki inhaled his scent and felt her head spin.

"I am a complete and utter wreck when it comes to you. It took all my strength to not beat that fucking filthy excuse of a man that tried to put his hands on you. Your skin is too precious to be tainted by unworthy men." His jaw was tight as he spoke, Nicki could see the ice freezing over behind his irises.

"I wasn't trying to be tainted. I just wanted to dance. Besides, you're the one that put your hands on me," Nicki protested harshly. Her cheek still stung with his handprint.

Wyatt leaned back in his chair, giving Nicki the air she needed to breathe as her words sunk in. He watched her intently as a grin spread along his face, a low chuckle coming from his chest.

"I suppose that is true. My apologies, angel, for putting my hands where they are not wanted." His eyes dared her to speak.

"Well, I didn't say I didn't want...," Nicki bit her lip. Wyatt smiled with victory.

"Want what, Sage?" He breathed, needing to hear it from her mouth. Nicki wanted to sink into the floor, but her inner goddess was pushing her through the ceiling, insisting that she keep going.

"Want...you," she whispered. Wyatt stood up and came around to stand in front of Nicki. He took her chin in his hand, turning her face upward to look at him. He was gentle but she didn't dare try to escape him.

"I want you more than I can bare, angel. I have never known beauty until I met you. I cannot rest until I have you." His eyes told the story of his agony, like a never-ending void of emptiness and her pale face was his only chance of survival. Nicki was entranced by his gaze and gave no objections, allowing herself to be sucked in for all eternity.