Lucius Zogratis × Reader : Fate

Requested by Tekanime. Thank you for this lovely request!

Genre : Angst.

Summary : After the war against Spade Kingdom, something unexpected occur, and your life would mercilessly depend on it. (Sorry I'm trying to keep it as vague as possible in case of unintentional spoilers.)

Word count : 955.

TRIGGER WARNING : MAJOR SPOILERS FROM MANGA. POSSIBLY THE MOST IMPORTANT TWIST.
IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE MANGA, I SUGGEST YOU SKIP.

Thank you!

.  .  .  🖤  .  .  .

There was no shred of doubt that the Dark Triad were the source of many deaths.

A trio so ominous that I believed, down to the very core of my soul, that they were the fountain from which an endless stream of evil originated.

Yet just as evil grinds its teeth at the world, good stands with shield and sword to protect innocence, which was why we managed to defeat the trio in a battle stained with blood and danger.

A sight to torment my memory for the rest of my days, and all I ever wished for in such wrenching days was to encircle myself in my home's warmth and remain there for eternity. Rejecting such thought to deter our progress, I transformed it into fuel to ignite my determination for the greater good.

Nonetheless, evil was demolished and all that waited at the doors of future were merry days... right?

For an unknown cause, my heart refused to farewell the dark feeling that threatened to overwhelm all my logic.

Something was amiss. How I wish to say it was of a delightful nature, but I would be lying to calm my anxious mind, for the darkness only intensified as time ticked by.

Lost in the aftermath of the battle against the devils, I failed to notice the days that flew in a blur; not until the announcement of the merit awardance ceremony was issued.

The ceremony was anticipated to be full of joy and pride, to properly reward those who had put their lives on the line to defend the entire world and its residents; so, how could such a simple request be crashed in a matter of seconds?

Let alone a foe that had, once upon a time, been a friend.

Deep behind two ominous eyes, under our very noses, watched a lurking danger that none of us had thought possible.

Was it betrayal or a puppeteering spell, we'd never know. But what we did know, to our terror, was that the Wizard King had switched sides, banishing all hope of a happy-ever-after.

"Asta has been disposed of." His sinister voice that was carried by a prideful smirk rang deep into the base of my bones, sending chilling shivers down my spine.

No. There had to be a reason, no matter its ridiculousness, Julius would never succumb to even the most wicked temptations.

And when his eyes locked mine, I felt my soul freeze; trapped and helpless, my mind screamed at me to flee from that man, to hide and never re-emerge; otherwise, he'd either annihilate or lock me in the deepest pit to never see when tomorrow's dawn ever shines.

But something dissuaded my every attempt to move, whether it was horror or a spell the villain had over me, I could never tell. There I stood, immobile and petrified, as the hunter imprisoned his prey in the mischief that loomed over his eyes.

"Julius cared an awful lot about you," he began, "but I do know, for certain, that his care would seem a drop of water in the endless ocean I have for you." The back of his hand raised to brush against the skin of my cheek.

For the first time in this state of icy horror that my body had entered, it finally decided to answer my pleas as my neck turned sharply to the side to recoil from his touch.

Lucius's hand came to a halt midway, his entire being still as if a spell of his own cast to freeze his body in time. Not even could I hear his breath, be it a single scoff or a sigh.

Faint curiousity took over my senses, which was why I moved my eyes back to inspect his reaction. Oh, how dumb I was for surrendering to such minor thirst of knowledge, for his eyes were not of a human.

If death had been on the brink of our necks in its invisible form during our battle against the devils, then it did not shy away from Lucius's eyes, for its manifestation had never been more tangible.

His features were stretched by the smile that proved to be permanent resident on his face. From the dark shadow that hovered over his eyes, I could read the ire and twist. There was no mistake, the man in front of me was as drowned in iniquity as his brothers and sister.

Exposed to such change that pounded life into buried memories of terrible nature in my mind, I couldn't help the gasp that left my lips; my mind could not fathom how a quiet, sharp intake of breath could sound deafening in my own ears.

Without the tiniest warnings, I was swiped away from the floor, my feet dangling. I didn't know my eyes had been shut close until I re-opened them, just to notice that we were miles up from the ground.

In the small realization that hit my mind, I noticed the arm that wrapped itself firmly around my waist, and without even glancing I could tell to whom it belonged.

I imagined that a villain's touch would be stripped of mercy and care; yet, here he was, the dark lord himself, handling my shocked body with great attentiveness by his side.

Even though it was not the first time to be held in such manner, I would always endure the stinging sensation of nails digging through my shirt from my comrades' too tentative grip.

But now I would have to forget their faces and company, for the fate that awaited to either pity my life or snatch it was between the Wizard King's alter ego.

And there was nothing that could save me from his claws.

.  .  .  🖤  .  .  .

Hey guys!

I hope you're all doing well! Thank you so much for the support lately, I truly appreciate it!

If you have enjoyed this request, please do leave vote and a comment!

Stay safe and lots of love!