Jester Garandros × Reader : Make Amends or Take Revenge

Since many of you requested it, here's part 2 of Jester × Reader : Gorgeous. Enjoy!

Genre : Angst

Summary : Part 2 of Jester × Reader : Gorgeous. Please read the first part to understand the second.

Word count : 1493.

. . . 🌼 . . .

You sat silently among the loud cheers of the crowd surrounding you.

There was no inch of the arena that was left empty. Even though the sun burned heads with its hot-tempered rays, no minds were paid to it and all eyes were focused on the contestants that were about to enter the battleground.

You, on the other hand, shielded yourself with a long coat and a hood. Yami convinced you to attend the ceremony for it might you help you recognize someone who did not belong to this era.

An imposter like you were.

You rejected any ounce of hope that he might be revived as well, but a tiny sparkle of hope awaited the chance to ignite.

After a brief introduction to the purpose of the tournament, the two first magic knights entered the arena.

You could sense a great amount of mana rediating from the one who entered first, and it was further confirmed through the grand entrance the vice-captain delivered.

Yet, your eyes squinted at the second one whom you could not sense a drop of mana from.

This is going to be either too quick and boring, or interesting to watch. You thought to yourself.

However.

An immense mana engulfed the area; a mana way too familiar that you refused to believe returned to the world of the living.

But your suspicions were quickly proven right when Jester's powerful spell blocked all exits.

Therefore, in mere seconds, the whole arena turned into a battle space.

And there he was, well and breathing, as his eyes burned into yours. In a flash, he was standing in front of you. You stared at each other through widened eyes.

At that point, your mind had turned blank, unable to process that the man in front of you was the Wizard King who ruled decades ago; the same Wizard King whom you adored from the depth of your heart.

"Jester?" You breathed his name too quietly. But before you could utter another word, an attack of blowing gale was directed towards you both.

Jester took you by the waist and used his shield spell to stop the offence. In another intake of breath, you were both floating in the air, and then stood on a secured ground of a pile of debris.

"How did I- you...- I mean, how did we-?" Your mind was too in shock to form a coherent question; yet, Jester understood perfectly your inquiry.

"Conrad revived us... I asked him to bring you back." Jester explained; his eyes switched between you and the field behind him in case of another attack.