Fuegoleon Vermillion × Reader : Return

Genre : Angst to fluff

Trigger warning : mention of blood.

Summary : Fuegoleon is in a coma, but you never leave his side. Even if the headquarters is collapsing above your head.

Events : During the elf invasion

Words count : 2,039

(F/f) : favorite food.

. . . 🔥 . . .

You blink slowly at the window next to you.

Sitting in the bedroom you share with your lover, you sigh as you recall the state he has unfortunately fallen into.

Turning your eyes towards the bed, your hand gently traces Fuegoleon's only hand, if only to make sure that he was still there.

You repeatedly blink away the hot tears that threaten to fall from your eyes when you recall the state he was in when he was first admitted to medical treatment.

However, no doctor could bring his hand back, nor could they bring him out of the coma. Not even Owen.

Your hope lingered tightly that he would wake up soon, yet that same hope seemed to fade little by little as days turned to months. But you couldn't just give up on your lover, not after everything he has done for you and the kingdom.

The door opens, revealing your lover's younger brother, who happens to share the same thoughts as yours.

Leopold moves closer towards the bed, offering you a smile that is a source of both comfort and sorrow. Sitting down on the chair in the other side, Leopold stares at his brother.

His eyes reveal chagrin and longing that his stone face is trying to conceal.

"He will wake up." He suddenly blurts out, making you lift your eyes to focus on him instead of his laying brother.

You don't say anything for a moment, contemplating the potential words you could use as comfort and ray of hope. Or as a demolisher of that.

You finally settle that a nod will be enough, your attention going back to your lover.

"Did you know that the (f/f) that you occasionally find in your room is actually made by my brother?" Leopard asks you with a small smile. He tends to tell you tales about his brother to help you, or more both of you, cope with the loss of Fuegoleon and escape the anguish. Even if it was for a few minutes.