Nozel Silva × Reader : Wood and Care

Genre : Angst to fluff.

Summary : You get injured in one of the mission, and a certain captain displays love and care towards you.

trigger warnings : mentions of blood and injuries. Mention of death.

Word count : 2493

. . . 🦅 . . .

"Medic. NOW!" Thundered the Silver Eagles' captain as he carried you in his arms. Your whimpers left your throat with the rythme of the pain your injuries shot through your veins.

"C-Captain, all medics are unavailable for now. There are a lot of injured-" The magic knight's voice died in his throat as he got pierced by the death glare Nozel gave him. He felt as if his body would drop dead on the floor with his soul snatched away by the scythe of such glare.

"You will bring me a medic now. Even if from underneath the very ground you are standing on. Move!" The poor magic knight nodded helplessly and hastily left the room to fetch an available medic.

The infirmary was overcrowded and many knights laid with injuries lingering on their bodies. Screams and whimpers of pain sounded left and right. The atmosphere was soffucating for the young captain.

Your shuddering and whimpers grabbed Nozel's ultimate attention once more. He felt your blood seep through your cuts from your back and into his hand.

It was supposed to be a simple mission, but it ended as a complete disaster. In order to protect a few civilians from the invader's attack, you jumped with the last drops of your magic in the form of a defensive shield.

Nozel couldn't help but watch in terror as the opponent's spell broke easily through your defense and sent you flying towards a building. The wooden construction exploded with the immense force and crumbled on your body. A few pieces of wood pierced through your back due to the merciless crash and the lack of armor to protect you.

It took only a few seconds for your body to disappear under the debris.

Nozel's mouth hung open in disbelief. One scream of fury and the world was reminded of the wrath that the captain of the Silver Eagles brought when angered.

Nozel furrowed his eyebrows at the memory. The metalic smell that attacked his nose reminded him of the dire situation you were in. He scanned the infirmary one more time. He grumbled when he noticed that all the beds were occupied by injured and medics, except for one that seemed to be the nearest to the wall.

Nozel silently sighed in defeat for any hope of some privacy. He marched closer to the bed; his frown deepened further when he noticed the dirt that surrounded it due to people running around in alert. However, it was more modest than the rest of the mattresses.

"You'll be alright." He responded for your ears only to hear when you grunted in pain.

"Captain!" A young female voice suddenly called him. He turned around to find what seemed to be a young medic. She was panting as if she had been told to run for her life; soon, her sharp breaths came into a halt before a gasp left her lips when she noticed your figure that was cradled against the captain's chest.

Nozel glared at her as he pressed you closer to his chest; however, he didn't know that such action would result in another whimper to leave your lips. The noise finally seemed to break the medic's shock and bring her attention to more serious issues.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Her back and shoulders were cut by pieces of wood... Some are still intact." Nozel explained briefly. His eyes narrowed at the pain that traced your features.