Jester Garandros × Reader : Gorgeous

Requested by yomamascoochie Thank you for requesting!

Genre : Angst

Summary : Years after your and Jester's departure from the world, you find yourself breathing in life again.

Word count : 1379.

Trigger warning : Mentions of death. Mentions of betrayal. Spoilers from the movie.

Please read the note below the chaoter after reading it. Enjoy!

.  .  .  🌼  .  .  .

Why are the kindest souls always the ones to get punished the most?

"I promise I will be back soon. Who's going to save the village if the Wizard King doesn't? Unfortunately, I am the Wizard King." He tapped your nose in a joking manner.

Those were the last few words you heard from him, and you could only respond with a few giggles and wishes for his safety.

All despite worry from the bad feeling your gut was screaming at you. Therefore, secretly, you followed him to the village he was headed to.

It was all a trap from the royals. Royals who were ready to throw lives to keep their privilages. Royals who could care less if good deeds exist, as long as benefits from them were present. Royals whom you loathed from the depth of your heart.

Maybe if you had stopped him, told him to stay, begged him to leave it to one of his subordinates. Maybe you both would have survived, or at least him.

But nothing in the world could change what had happened. Not even your eager want for revenge. You were a fairly strong magic knight; after all, it was not a coincidence you had been chosen as one of the Wizard King's personal strategists and warriors. Thus, your first encounter with who would later become your lover.

Yet, now, because of their dirty tricks and overwhelming number, you and Jester ended up defeated in a matter of seconds.

It all played in front of you. How brutal they were as they finished his life before you eyes. You saw the million apologies, the broken heart, the burning rage all present in Jester's eyes before his eyes fluttered close forever.

And the last thing you remember was the eager desire for revenge that promised to burn the world to its core.

.  .  .

A sharp, deep intake of breath woke you up. Your lungs had long forgotten how to work, so you had to sit still for a while to breathe in the new, fresh air.

How could it be? I have already- You cut that trail of thoughts to scan your surroundings. Working out how you managed to be revived in an era that was completely different from yours required some answers that were difficult to obtain.

However, you could feel it. A strange mana that approached your position.

"I swear I saw light coming from here!" Yelled a young voice. You stood your ground, brain and body in alert with a fight or flight urge.

"I swear, Magna, if nothing is here, I will rip your head open and feed it to my pets." A rougher voice threatened now. The sun had almost set behind the gigantic trees that overlapped the area.