The Bad Ones//Chapter 16

En başından başla

Done something outright wrong that it made her want to wail out for something...

Or someone.

But she couldn't... Nobody would help her.

So she just screamed.

She screamed and screamed as they continued to bring the fire closer to her.

The fire took form in her fearful eyes. Leeching hands reaching out to grab onto her. Grab fistfuls of her red hair. Grab onto her wings and pluck each feather until they were nothing but gray dust in the wind. Grab onto her skin and sizzle it until it turned an ugly red color.

She was sent to The Cell.

Because she couldn't handle the testing and produced meager results.

She sat in the tiny room that twisted in its image. The dull gray tone mixed with a blue navy. It was nothing compared to the blank slate of rooms they were given...

Rooms filled with the bare necessities. Nothing but the same dull gray color.

Always the same when the children leave to go to testing...

Always the same when they return.

Faelyn sat down in a corner, her knees curling close to her chest, arms wrapped tightly around her tucked legs, "It's cold..."

The only light source that the child was given was the barely lit moonlight that peeked through the bared windows.

It casted down on the child as she leaned her forehead against her knees when she felt her stomach release a loud grumble.

"I'm hungry..."

Food...

What the child would give to have some poorly undercooked meat right about now...

She didn't even care if they gave her some moldy bread... She hasn't eaten since before the testing....

And that was hours ago...

She glanced from underneath her bushy red hair towards the only light source she was given.

The moon.

Such a pretty thing the child always wondered.

Always surrounded by so many friends...

So many pretty and shining friends...

Why didn't the little girl have friends...?

Well.. She had Yimo.. But would she really count her as a friend..?

They were bound to compete against the other to be the best...

It seemed wrong to want to be friends...

Yimo was considered the best in her age group.

How nice...

Faythe stared blankly at the moon for awhile in silence.

It was the only thing she could do.

Just stare and ignore the harsh growing ache in her chest.

Ignore the growing pain that she felt when she thought back on the testing.

Her stomache released another grumble as she tried to figure out why her chest hurts so much.

She curled up into a tighter ball, her eyes welling up slowly as her attention was still trained on the moon through the bars..

So pretty...