Carl and JJ rushed to meet Carol on the stairs, "We saw from upstairs."

"JJ, you stay here and keep Carl and Judith safe."

Carol ran out before JJ could protest. 

"I'll go make sure Judith's okay. Give her a bottle to help stay quiet." Carl suggested. 

"Good call." JJ nodded, readying her gun at the door, prepared for the worst. 

When the doorknob began to rattle, she slowly inched forward, not backing down. The door opened and JJ lowered her gun, seeing who it was. 

"Shit, Enid. I could've killed you." JJ closed and locked the door behind her. 

"Yeah, but you didn't."

Carl trampled down the stairs. "What happened?"

"Enid here doesn't know how to knock apparently."

Enid handed the cluster of keys to Carl, "I have these. Didn't want them to have them." She followed Carl and JJ into the kitchen. "And I wanted to say goodbye."

JJ's head whipped toward the young girl, "Uh, no."

"Watch the back door. Tell me if you see them coming." Carl ignored her. 

"I'm not staying."

"You're not going anywhere." Carl fought. "Sit down. You're helping us protect Judith. They're not getting inside this house. We're not gonna let them."

As if on cue, Judith began to loudly sob.

JJ and Carl looked to each other in confusion. "I thought you just gave her a bottle?" 

"I did." Carl assured his aunt.

The two listened closer, hearing footsteps upstairs.

"My window. It's never fully locked." Carl realized.

"Shit." JJ panicked, "You two stay down here."

"No," Carl whispered, "I'm supposed to protect Judith."

"And I'm supposed to protect the both of you. So, you two stay your asses down here."

JJ quickly, but quietly hurried up the stairs to find one of the Wolves in front of Judith. JJ held up her gun, "Step back... now."

The man was in no hurry to move, but JJ wasn't going to risk shooting him that close to Judith. He got closer to Judith when he figured it out, too. 

"I think you should step back. Put the gun down, kick it to me. Maybe I let the kid live." 

JJ thought through a plan or tried to, at least. She put her gun on the floor but didn't kick it over to the man. Instead, she kicked it toward the closet door, on the opposite side of the room from Judith, in hopes of distracting him. 

When he went to reach for it, JJ took her knife and decided that hand to hand combat was the only option. She kept him busy for a few seconds, even causing him to drop his own knife, until he was able to pin her against the door frame. 

He held her arms to where she wasn't able to move her upper body, but JJ used her lower half to her advantage. She kneed him in the gut hard enough to where he stumbled backwards and let JJ fall to the floor. 

The two then took the fighting into the hall, then to the top of the stairs, where one of them lost their balance, sending them both tumbling down the flight. JJ was able to catch herself before she hit the bottom, unlike the man. 

But he quickly got up. He wasn't as fast but he was still fighting and had pinned JJ against the wall. She made eye contact with Carl as she kicked one of the spindles from the staircases' railing out, signaling Carl to catch it and throw it to her.