23.

Flau'jae Johnson
_____

It's been two weeks since I've been out the hospital. I was happy when I left the hospital I stayed in there for so long, I started feeling depressed. Everybody has been by my side every second of the way.

The test results for my brain came back clear , no issues. My lower spine is fine, but my back still hurts.

The swelling on my face is gone completely. The scratches and bruises are still there, but they're slowly clearing up.

I'm on bed rest at home, and I have a cast on my left arm and and right leg. Not to mention, I'm on crutches that I don't know how to use.

"Tell sissy you love her" Ameen said to MJ as he hugged me and placed a kiss on my cheek

"I love you" he said causing me to give him a smile

"I love you too my boy, you gone get a touchdown for me today?" I asked before he nodded his head excitedly

"Yeah"

"Show her how you do MJ beat your chest" Ameen said before MJ started beating his chest

I laughed as he beated his chest with a mean mug across his face. All my brothers untouchable, every single last one.

My momma came walking into the room with a duffle bag in her hand. MJ got football practice today and their getting ready to go.

"Y'all need to be heading out cause y'all know how y'all do" she said handing the bag to Ameen and he threw it over his shoulder

"Alrighty, let's go MJ" Ameen said as he picked up MJ, "I love y'all, we out"

They left out before my momma just examined me and I stared tryna figure out why.

"I don't know how many times ima say it, but you lucky" she said while nodding her head, "I don't think you understand"

"I understood ma and I'm blessed to even still be here "

"Once you back up and fully moving around you're still gonna be on lockdown" she said before I raised a eyebrow

"Unt unt, I gotta work and I need a new car" her eyes widened as if she seen a ghost and it lowkey scared me

"You almost lost your life in a car accident and you thinking you getting another car. Flau'jae you not getting another car no time soon"

"I gotta get around"

"You got drivers that will take you from point A to point B. I don't want you driving, you can forget it" she said with a stern voice

She's standing on business and it's gone take a lot of convincing. I can already see that we gone bump heads about this.

"I'm nineteen" I insinuated before she shrugged her shoulders

"I'm your momma, so you tell me who win?" I didn't say nothing because all I could do was let out a sigh, "And you got a check up today, we leave in the next hour"

I hate everything about this situation.

She left out before I picked up my phone and started to scroll on Tiktok. I had to buy a new phone after leaving the hospital because it broke in the accident.

I didn't even have that phone for five months.

After scrolling for what seemed like forever she came back in the room dressed up and ready to go.

"I told you, you gone get a wheelchair if you don't learn how to use these crutches" she said before I shook my head 'no'

I already feel handicapped, which I am, I don't wanna be pushed around too.

"No, I got it but ima just use one crutch" I said while putting one crutch to the side

She watched as I tried to balance using one crutch. I adjusted it under my arm and stopped once I realized it wasn't gonna work.

"You thinking what I'm thinking and I'm glad we on the same page" my momma said before grabbing the other crutch and handing it to me

We took a workshop moment so that I can learn how to use them. The doctors taught me but the way they taught me didn't click in my head.

We left making it to my check up and there was only a few people here.

"You're at the stage where you can be active a little; moving. This will help the healing process and allow your body to transition back to its normal state"

"Can I take the casts off early?" I asked being serious before she chuckled

"No, both should stay on full term for the bone to fuse back together. If not you'll develop an infection and cause malformations" my doctor said before I sighed disappointed

"Flau' I told you that, you know that" my momma said confused on why I even asked

"I know but it's just like, I'm ready to get these off"

"Yeah casts are annoying" my doctor said agreeing, "Over all everything looks good, you're healing quickly. We have more ointment at the pharmacy for your cuts and burn"

"Can we pick it up today?" my momma asked before Dr.Meadows nodded

"Yes"

"Okay one last question and I'm done asking questions" I said because I've been asking her questions since I got here

I don't care I'm ready for this whole process to be over with. I'm fed up, for real.

"Go ahead"

"How much longer do I need to walk with these crutches?"

"It takes six to eight weeks for a fracture to heal, so I would say the entire time. But I also would say whenever you can walk comfortably with out them"

I turned and looked at my momma before smiling

"I'm done with the crutches" I said before she shook her head no

"You don't even know if you comfortable without them" she said before I shrugged not caring, I'm done

"Well I'm not comfortable with them" I said making a point, "A win is a win"

"Oh my gosh" she sighed while laughing slightly, "You are something else"

We finished up before going to the pharmacy and picking up my ointment. I'm glad that check up went smoothly because I don't need no issues

I'm ready to get back in the studio and the gym. This whole thing has put a stop to everything that I had going on.

It seems like I don't really care that I got in an accident, but I do. It's serious to me, but the only thing on my mind is working.

I'm gonna have to work ten times harder in the studio and gym. Especially with the season coming back up, I'm suppose to be conditioning right now.

I don't really know how everything's gonna play out because I'm missing out on conditioning.

I'll just have to see and hope for the best.