Chapter 36: presents

Start from the beginning

She lightly squeezed my hand.

"I don't think I can handle talking to him alone. By the way don't you think it's about time we tell him about our relationship" She asked.

I chuckled nervously.

"You don't think it's a good idea," She asked.

"It's not that, I just- we've been dating for months now, I want to make it public, I want to be able to make out and do all sorts of stuff but the problem is Hunter" I confessed.

"You think he won't approve? But even if he doesn't you and I love each other we don't need his approval, he'll learn to accept us eventually. We can do it right now" She commented.

I removed my hand from hers.

"Yeah," I answered.

'Should I tell her'

"Uh where is Amanda," I asked changing the topic.

"I don't know, she's been acting rather strange since Hunter regained his memories. I wonder if they are fighting" she said.

"If they are, the fight is clearly one-sided because it seems to only be affecting Amanda. She seems so depressed but whenever I try to reach out she avoids the topic. I'm worried about her" I answered.

I spotted Amanda across the hall talking to the security guards. She looked really panicked, Hunter was on the other end of the hall talking to Steve, he seemed to be rather carefree and relaxed.

'Hmm, honestly I don't understand why she's giving herself such a hard time'

'Her behavior is starting to affect Hunter. I have to put a stop to this'

" I have a hunch of what would be bothering her. Excuse me for five minutes, I'll be back babe "I said standing up.

" oh alright "She agreed.

I walked across the hall to where Amanda was. I grabbed her hand as soon as I got to her and dragged her out to the hallway.

" Zack where are you taking me, let me go," She asked.

"Shh, I'm not going to do anything bad" I assured as we exited the building through the back door.

"Why did you bring me outside, it's so cold. If you wanted to talk in private there are various rooms inside" she complained.

I let go of her hand.

"Cause, the breeze is quite nice outside" I replied taking out a cigarette.

"What is this about," She asked.

"I should be asking you that question, Amanda. You've been acting so strange lately" I asked.

"I'm going back inside" she answered.

I lit my cigarette as she turned to go.

"Is this about Ethan?" I asked.

She froze in her spot.

"Wait, I was right? it really is about Ethan. Seriously Honey why are you letting that scumbag get to you. You know the way you've been acting is worrying everyone" I asked.

"You don't understand" she commented.

"Then make me understand, ever since Hunter woke up from the coma you've been nothing but depressed, you act as if you weren't desperately trying to get him back. Even he noticed your odd behavior" I asked.