42. DEVIL MUST BE KILLED

"I couldn't save her."

The weight of these words made yoongi sank down. It came out like tinnitus in his ears, tearing them off with the intensity with which they hit him. He felt a heavy weight crushed his heart, replacing it with a blackhole which was engulfing him. His heartbeat drop and rose in an instant. The air became too thick for him to breathe. Every cell of his body refused to believe what he heard. He still had a hope that he'll run back to his house where his mother would be waiting for him with open arms and a big smile. Any alternative, anything would do that could confirm that his mother was still alive. He had a hope within him that if he'd run fast he'd still be able to save her. So he muster all his strength to get up and run towards his house. His legs worked in reflex. He staggered in his way but was determined to reach out to his mother.

"I'd save her." He took long strides, stumbling on a wooden log to fell on the cold grass face first. He ignored the pain and stood up again to run as fast as he could.

A pair of arms grabbed his waist preventing him to go any further. "Yoongiah! Get a hold of yourself. Its no use. She's gone." Jin tried to stop Yoongi's aggressive movements but Yoongi was just too strong for him. He put all his strength to make him stay at his place. "She's gone, please stop it." Jin's voice broke.

JiAh watched the two male struggle. Her eyes blurred with tears. She just didn't knew how to breathe. The woman who treated her like her own child was gone. She sacrificed herself to save her. She felt like losing a mother. Right now she wanted pain. Physical pain. She wanted someone to stab her heart to relieve the pain she was feeling in her chest. It was making her head dizzy. Her hands felt numb. The thought of Mrs Min dying made her nauseous. She wanted Jin and Yoongi to stop fighting each other but couldn't move a muscle. Only if they could hear her insides screaming with agony.

Yoongi felt irritated by Jin trying to stop him. Without a second thought he raised his hand and blew a punch on Jin's face. Jin knocked down by the brutal force that Yoongi landed on him. For a split second his vision blacked out. "How dare you stop me." Yoongi barked, landing a series a punches on him. Jin was all bloody unable to speak any further. "How can you stop me when you were the one supposed to protect my family, you son of a..." Yoongi drew a fist ready to charge towards Jin.

"How....?" Yoongi's punch stopped in mid air hearing the voice. Both Jin and Yoongi looked towards JiAh. Her eyes were red and her hands balled into a fist. "How did that happened....Jin?"

Yoongi looked at Jin again, demanding answer for the same question.

Both Jin and Yoongi stood up. Jin wiped his bloody face. Guilt was eating him whole, he knew he could never overcome it. He finally gathered all his strength to face them as he spoke. "Ajumma wasn't allowed in the palace, still she didn't gave up. I guess Namjoon figured out that she knew something that could be used against him. He sent some of his men disguised as barbarians to chase Yoon Wu and Ajumma out of the town but she refused to leave the house." Hot tears rolled down Jin's cheeks, "then....then they set the house on fire and took Yoon Wu along with them. By the time I reached there, the house was already burnt to crisp. Nothing remained.....just ashes and smoke."

Jin was about to tell how he tried to chase the barbarians to get Yoon Wu back but before he could do so, JiAh threw up. Her guts spilled out hearing about the cursed night.

"JiAh!" "JiAh!"

Both the men ran towards her to get hold of her. Yoongi rubbed her back while Jin held her hair back.

"Are you okay?" Jin asked. His eyes filled with concern.

"No!" She groaned. "No!" The bile tasted bitter on her tongue.