21. COMING FOR YOUR NECK

JiAh opened her eyes in a dark and peaceful room filled with the scent of camomile. The sharp pain on her left shoulder was making her head feel dizzy. Her fingers felt numb as she pictured the events of the past in her head.

She felt stupid convincing Jin to go all the way with her into the woods. She didn't understood what was in her mind but everything that happened seemed involuntary. As if some unknown force was dragging her towards him. Towards Yoongi.

A sudden realisation of the past made her jump in her bed.
"Shit! Shit! Shit! JiAh! You cretinous stupid girl. What have you done. How can you fell in such a situation. What everyone would be thinking of you. What would Yoongi think. Fuck! I'm doomed."
She clutched her head in frustration thinking of any possible way of drowning in eternal darkness and never come back. She covered her mouth with a pillow muffling the loud screams of her anger and embarrassment building in her lungs.

"Seems like your injury is hitting quite a nerve." The deep voice echoed in the empty room making her loud cries turn into meek mewl. The horror started to settle under her skin. He was the last person she wanted to see at the moment. It took everything in her just to turn her head in his direction.

Yoongi was sitting on a tawny pine couch, his head digging one of the many scrolls scattered on the table. She looked at his calm gestures that reflected peace. But the situation right now was a whole lot different from the idea of peace she was having.

"Why are you here," She savaged. Though her embarrassment was too fast to keep up but her resent was winning the race. The whirlpool of emotions was dragging her feet back from any sense she could make but it felt safe to keep an authoritative front.

He looked up from his yellowed threadbare parchment as he raised an eyebrow. "Don't you think I am the one asking questions right now? What'd you think you were doing rambling around in the woods. It was dangerous out there." His tone seemed calm yet persuasive. The impact in his voice was enough to make a person kneel down on his knees. But at the moment they were giving chills down her spine.

"I don't owe you an answer. You can leave!" She stood up, her voice breaking due to the built up tension in the room. All she wanted to do right now was to avoid a conversation. She needed some time to think over her own actions before she could explain any of them to others.

"Sorry what?" Yoongi finally started to lose it. He was already tormented by the current state of the woman infront of him. To ask if she was fine, to hold her hand, to watch her smile and pass silly jokes about survival were the things he wanted to start with but everything was turning around into a completely different direction. "Of course you do owe me an explanation JiAh. You were bleeding....a lot." He forced to hide the crack in his voice. He too was surprised about the ache he was feeling in his chest that made tears brimming his eyes. "You were lucky that the arrow didn't hit your vitals. You would have.... " He took a pause for a deep breath before continuing, " you would have lost your life."

"How is that your concern?" She hissed. "You were on a trip with the princess I guess. So whatever happened to me during that time behind your back shouldn't matter to you."

"For god's sake you are My responsibility JiAh, is it too difficult for you to understand?" He was done reasoning with her. The suppressed words were turning into an ugly argument.

Mrs Min, Yoon Wu and Jin, all three were standing outside the room listening to the heated argument but none of them dared to interfere the two.

"Why are they fighting like a married couple?" Yoon Wu commented, rewarded by a slap on the back of his head by his mother. "Who taught you this nonsense?" Mrs Min scolded the younger making sure not to increase her decibels.