20. ARROW HEAD

The sun was shining ravishingly midst the white cottony clouds perfectly fitting the blues of the sky. The mild breeze calmed the environment, all too quiet and tranquil. Yoongi felt like spending the entire day gazing the sky, lying on the dewy grass, only if the situations were different. He never enjoyed piercing the flesh of innocent animals but he didn't had much choice in his hand right at the moment. The Princess was stubborn to demand his assistance for this poor excuse of cruelty. He was forcefully pulled out from his chain of thoughts with a screeching sound. He turned his head towards the direction of the yelp, the hard metal of an arrow pierced right across the heart of a deer who was now struggling to gasp for air. The poor fellow still fighting with all his might to stay alive, but the wasted attempts died away as stillness took over his limp body.

"There you go!" Suk Myong said with a stream of satisfaction embellishing every muscle of her face.

"That was a good shot." Her henchmen praised her skills, flattering her with their over exaggerated remarks.

All Yoongi could do was roll his eyes taking in each of their movements like cancer smoke in his lungs. Among thirty men, he still felt like a loner. A loner not interested in giving two shits about their little 'hunt and kill' game.

"Aren't you going to say anything Yoongi-ssi?" Suk Myong looked at him with hopeful eyes. All the unwanted attention was now at him making him gulp his true words which could cause disaster.

"Oh... Uhm... I am actually speechless. You're amazing princess. You seem natural." He scoffed at his own words but as long as it could spare him from further conversation, he could survive.

As expected, Suk Myong was too flattered by his comment that she drifted her focus on her hunt and he got time to sigh a relief. Now all he wanted was this session to end as soon as possible.

The troop headed forward into the depth of the forest as they proceed their hunt. The trees were dense and the canopy masked most of the sunlight making it a bit gloomy but otherwise it was bright enough for a human vision to detect the presence of any movement in the woods.

They explored the woods for what seemed like forever yet all the attempts to find an animal skin went in vain. Yoongi had a mixed feeling about this. He felt good that no other animal fell prey into this inhuman game they were playing but he was all worked up by the extending hours he has to spend here.

After several misjudgement and wrong targets they finally felt movements in the nearby bush. They weren't sure of the cause, but it was certainly coming closer. Without a second thought, Suk Myong straightened her bow and shot the arrow into the direction of the trembling leaves.

A painful yelp echoed the woods causing all the birds to fly away into a distance. Yoongi's eyes became wide in shock at the scream which wasn't of an animal. It was a familiar voice. It was her voice. It was JiAh's voice. He felt his heart beating fast, all colours drained from his face and his limbs felt numb.

He didn't had time to put two and two together and think about her reason to be here. Before he could realise, he jumped from his horse and darted towards her. Cutting all the branches and vines that came in his way so he could be with her as soon as possible.

Within seconds his eyes found hers. She was sitting on a rock, her right hand clutching the left shoulder that exposed the trail of deep cut by the heavy metal arrow head grazing the skin into a lacerated wound. The patch of cloth soaked into crimson life fluid. She winced in pain making his heart drop.

"JiAh! Are you okay." He lunged forward supporting her shoulder being careful not to touch her wounded skin.

"I-I'm fine." She looked at him with mixed expression of annoyance and embarrassment.

"What on the earth were you people thinking before shooting an arrow in the woods. Luckily the arrow just scrape the surface. If anything went wrong, she would have been killed." Yoongi was too occupied by JiAh's presence to notice an angry Jin trying his best to stop the woman's profuse bleeding. Yoongi grimaced at the word 'killed'. No she can't die. I can't allow that to happen. His thoughts were a muffled cry in his head, thinking of any possible reason to lose the woman infront him. It made his stomach turn but he came back to reality at another grunt of pain leaving her lips.

"Its okay. I'll take you home alright." With that he supported her to stand up.

JiAh felt weak and exhausted at the blood loss. She wasn't too uncomfortable by the sight of blood, but the amount she lost was enough to make her legs feel jelly. She tried her best not to fall but couldn't help her stumbling steps.

Yoongi was fast enough to grab her waist in his giant arms pulling her close towards his broad muscular chest. His warmth against her made her feel better but she still couldn't dare to loosen her grip around his shoulder. She couldn't afford a fall at the moment when her shoulder was already sliced open and bleeding like a river.

Yoongi sighed before slipping his other hand below her hips, lifting her in his arms bridal style. For a split second everyone present there gasped at the scene but Yoongi couldn't care less. His only priority right now was to get the woman in his arms treated. The only person who seemed amused at the sight was Jin. A faint curve grew across his lips but he abruptly composed himself. He looked at Princess Suk Myong who was clearly not impressed by the commotion. Her plan of getting along with Yoongi was tumbling down before her fuming eyes, and there she stood all irritated and helpless.

She glared at their direction watching Yoongi climbing the horse after carefully securing JiAh on it. "Princess, I'm sorry I have to withdraw myself from the hunt. I hope you enjoy your journey ahead." He said bluntly before bowing and moving away into the woods. Jin also followed him on his horse, as both the men rode their horses back to the town.

The whole journey back was filled with loud silence as no one dared to speak a word. JiAh could feel her senses blurring. It took everything in her to keep her mind in right state but her head was spinning. The smell of her lost blood was turning her stomach upside down. She snuggled into Yoongi's chest making him flinch by the sudden proximity. Her vision was blurry, but still she could make out a red flush growing on his face.

"Yoongi-ssi!" She put a hundred fold effort speaking in a weak tone. He looked at her with soft eyes, worried that she must be in a lot of pain. His expression were questioning but not intimidating. Something in his eyes were warm and comfortable. "I-I'm sorry." Were the only words she could manage to speak before her patience gave in to her exhausted body and the world around her turned blank. She slumped on his chest, head resting on his shoulder.

He grabbed her before her limp body could fall by the velocity. He placed a hand on the back of her head, resting it securely against his chest. "Don't worry JiAh. We're almost there." He said to the unconscious woman before speeding up the ride towards his house.

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I've been too busy with my college that writing the updates became a little difficult. But I'll update the next chapter soon so please hang in there.

I hope the story isn't getting boring. Its more like a filler chapter but soon things would turn out dark and interesting so stay tuned.

Thank you for reading. 🥰

Do vote and comment. Saranghae 💕❤