[60]: Favourite Hero

The skies had cleared up, just enough for you to see the sunset through the greyness of the city.

You sat on your own with a cup of hot instant ramen, on a bench by the river, looking towards the first clear sunset that you'd seen since you left.

It was beautiful.

Orange and pink and smiling.

Your hood was pulled up over your head, your mask pulled down to your chin, and your expression was dull and completely drained.

However, your eyes still captured the many colours of the sky, perfectly. It illuminated your entire face with unmatched warmth.

You took your time eating your meal, savouring every single piping-hot delicious bite for as long as you could. Slurps and sniffs and 'mm's filled the air around you as you enjoyed every second.

Finally a few minutes later, with a full belly for the first time in days, you turned over and lay down against the bench, curling up tight and closing your eyes to rest.

You kept your backpack strapped to you, to hopefully prevent theft. And you sighed deeply at the feeling of warm satisfaction.

You held your stomach and let the brain fog take over as you started to fall asleep.

——————

A few hours later, you woke up.

You weren't really sure why. You woke up cold and confused. One minute you were dead asleep on the park bench, and the next, you were wide awake for no definitive reason.

It was like a voice in the back of your head wanted you to wake up.

You groaned and rubbed your eyes, turning left and right to scan your surroundings. There didn't seem to be anyone left in the park, as it was late into the night.

The lights were off except for the occasional bollard light, to help anyone that might be crazy enough to use the paths through the park this late. 

You were happy it hadn't started raining again while you were asleep - at the very least, you were dry.

You decided to move to a new spot just in case the rain did decide to come back, and you wasted no time in doing so.

Falling asleep so early might have been a mistake, because now your body clock was going to be slightly out of whack. Despite how exhausted your body is, it might still be hard to get back to sleep.

With your backpack already strapped on, you stood up, and took your ramen trash to the nearest bin.

Then, you sighed deeply, placing your hands in your warm pockets and started walking.

You walked all through the huge park, and came out the other side into the city.

There was more people around through the city streets, but still very few as it was quite late. You kept your eyes on the path in front of you, to avoid eye-contact with anyone.

When you passed people, you received very judgemental, confronting glares. A mix of animosity and fear, from nearly every person you passed.