Rainstorm Thoughts

***Trigger Warning***

I shut my laptop, even though he's already seen my screen. "A friend told me about this case, isn't it terrible? I don't even want to look at it anymore, it's making me sick." I wasn't lying, I felt like throwing up.

He surprises me with his reaction. "Yeah, I've heard about it too. I hope he spends his life in prison for what he did to those poor girls. Like, how does someone even do that?" He reaches his hands out. "Here, do you want me to take that?"

I hand my laptop over to him. "Thank you."

He spares me a sympathetic grin as he puts my laptop on charge. "Want to watch a movie or something to take your mind off of all that depressing stuff?"

I hold my stomach. "A comedy movie actually sounds amazing right now."

He switches on the TV and finds a funny movie for us to watch. I have no idea which one because I'm not paying attention. I probably would laugh if my mind didn't keep going back to my conversation with Brexton. Where is Brant? Why is he off living his life when he should at minimum be on a sex offenders list?

I stand up abruptly and turn to Jeremiah. "I'm going to go for a jog. I'll be back soon." I throw on my shoes and run out the door. I had to get out of that house. I felt claustrophobic and could no longer take it.

I run full speed through the city, through a thunder storm. The large droplets of rain revitalize me. I don't care that I have mascara streaking down my face, or that these shoes are starting to rip from the downpour of water covering them. I am having the time of my life. I don't even consider how much of an issue not being able to see is until I find myself staring down headlights. I pick up my pace, trying to outrun the car, but I haven't run in years so my attempts were futile.

By the grace of God, the car was able to stop in time. I intend to keep running, but almost getting hit by a car really killed the mood. I make my way to the sidewalk when I hear high-heeled footsteps gaining on me. A pretty woman, who looks to be about my age comes up to me with panic-stricken eyes. She has bright blonde hair, pulled back into a long sleek ponytail and is wearing a tan trench coat. I can't help but glance down at the culprit of the clicks on the sidewalk. Red bottom Lou Vuitton heels.

She puts her hands on her knees, catching her breath. "Are you okay?"

I thought she'd be angry with me for running out in front of her but instead she seems...concerned? "Yeah, I'm okay. I'm sorry for scaring you, it's really hard to see anything in this storm."

She lifts her coat over her head to protect herself from the rain. "Do you live close?"

"Yeah, a couple blocks."

She looks horrified. "A couple blocks?! Okay, get in my car."

This stranger did not seriously just say that. This is how every horror movie starts. So, why am I considering doing it? Okay, I've officially went off the deep end. "It's alright, it's really not that far."