Thirty ~Final~

You lie in the velvety grass, and your eyes are closed as you listen to him.

Alber plays the violin with a soft tone, humming silently, so his deep voice completes the beautiful lullaby.

It has been a long time since he learned it.

You found him by the piano that night as he tried to play a melody you never heard before.

It was delicate and balanced but had a hint of life and delight, similar to the songs that birds chirp in the early mornings after the Sun greeted them with its first rays.

You walked to his side, and the man smiled at you brightly, which made your heart miss a beat.

You left a kiss at the corner of his lips, then sat over his lap to watch him playing.

He leaned above your shoulder to see the keys of the piano, and the light of dawn tinted his skin to a richer brown as if it glowed from the inside.

You listened to him for a long time, then reached forward absent-mindedly and started playing something that matched it.

It felt like something guided your hand because you didn't have to think about the notes.

At first, Alber froze when he heard it, but then, he kept playing.

The two of you crooned your parts, and your hands never got in the other's way.

The song turned into itself over time, repeating the same circle to become endless.

The more you listened, the more you felt how flawlessly it matched the rhythm of the ancient carvings of the Dance.

You played the cords that his wings sang for you, and when you looked him in the eye, you both understood.

The Lunarian lifted his hand from the piano and turned your head to himself, then kissed you for a long time, like he wanted to be sure the memory of it would stay with him forever.

Your wings always sang their song without hearing each other, not knowing what it meant.

It took so long and a simple coincidence that you realized how they were written to sound together.

It also explained how the Dance never changed for the individual if he could feel its calling.

All the artists through history heard different songs from the ones they loved, but their true nature was more significant, inherited with these wings and Lunarian blood.

Ever since that day, Alber searched through the ruins again and tried every instrument that could bring him closer to the miracle you discovered.

Nothing could represent the same ethereal sound, but at least this way, the two halves could meet in a way they were never meant to.

He was better with the music than you.

You learned the piano through the twenty years you waited for him, but he played a lot as a child and had a natural talent for it.

Everything he touched started singing.

Alber never really did unless you asked him. He had a magical voice, but he didn't like it.

So usually, he only crooned every song he played, but you valued it just as much.

After you played it to him enough, he noted down your half as well as he could and bent the two into one.

It was a shadow of the truth but the most wonderful shadow that ever existed.

He thought the violin could capture its beauty the most, so he played it on that almost every day, usually at sunset.