Twenty-five

You open your eyes, and your breath stops when you realize that he's still by your side.

Alber woke up earlier than you, now sitting at the corner of the bed, holding you in his embrace.

As he lays the side of his head over yours, you feel the fragrance of his skin, bringing comfort and solace like nothing else could through your life.

The rays of the dawn fall over the lines of his black feathers, but the dark wings protect a piece of the night as he sheltered it for your dreams.

He thrills when you cautiously move to sit up over his lap to see his face.

His eyes gleam with a brighter and clearer light than yesterday.

The Lunarian is slowly returning to reality despite everything that happened.

You don't understand how or why he acted that way, but you don't care about it much, as long as he stays.

"Good morning," you whisper. The large man scowls, his gaze resting on your lips for a few seconds before it wanders up to meet your eyes again. He stays silent, but you start to get used to it. "Do you want something to eat?"

Alber takes a deep breath and looks up at the ceiling, nodding almost invisibly.

As he sees the paintings you made over the lines of wood, his gentle, one-sided smile shows up to delicate the slight dimple on the left side of his face.

Led by the strokes of a brush, the tint scribes figures of all kinds of races you found texts of in the old books, living in harmony in a world that will never exist as long as even one soul carries hatred or envy in its depths.

When he sees two figures with black wings, hugging in the middle of the artwork, his eyes widen, and his hold grows tighter around your hand.

You lean forward and kiss his cheek out of instinct, his dark skin smooth under your lips.

The Lunarian turns bright red, and he casts down his crimson eyes so the white hair can hide his face.

It makes you laugh a little, and you carefully free yourself from his embrace.

He is so different.

"Come," you chuckle. The man pouts childishly and covers his blushed cheeks with his free hand as you pull him with yourself. "Let's make some breakfast."

.

.

.

You can't remove your smile as he chops up the vegetables with deep consternation, to every piece the same size. He followed you to the garden to collect the ingredients too.

Care lives in the little things, right, Alber?

You finish your work by the stove and fly closer to him, placing the mug opposite the Lunarian.

He looks up at you and tilts his head, and your heart clenches from how flawless he is with every movement and expression he does.

And it all turns even more beautiful as his eyes soften when he sees the hot chocolate you made him.

Your lungs leap with happiness, and you take the knife and the chopped food from him to leave him with only the cup.

Alber blinks almost confusedly, and lifts it, sniffing the present a little.

And you freeze when you see his muscles tense and his eyes gleaming with a strange light.

You jump up and quickly run back to the shelves, then to him again, throwing some marshmallows on top to help.