Twenty-six

As soon as he feels you kissing him back, Alber frees his hand from your loosened grip, and his arms clasp around your body, pulling you so close that you feel the rhythm of his heart, as it makes his blood race faster and faster to increase the warmth radiating from the dark skin.

At first, his touch is careful and slow, but the kiss deepens quickly as you nestle to his chest, your wings resting as his hold becomes tight enough, and you don't have to stay in the air anymore to help the height difference.

When you feel how his movements turn more confident, and he takes the lead, his control and dominance remind you of the past.

Your lungs are sore since he won't give you a break, and you run your fingers into his hair, feeling as if he mirrors your act, one of his hands doing the same to you.

You move away for a moment to catch your breath, and push your forehead against his, hearing as he pants softly just like you do.

His hand shifts to your face, and his thumb brushes over your lower lip so tenderly that it almost tickles. It makes you smile.

Alber reflects your smile too, and seeing it makes your chest light and bloom.

His fingers make their way to the back of your head again, and your eyes widen when his grasp locks, reeling your hair around his fingers so he can pull it a little.

Your palms lower to his back, so you can sense how the immense muscles move under his skin as the Lunarian tastes your neck, taking your breath away again.

After he lets you go, he pinches your chin to guide you back to his lips.

When his tongue asks to enter, you let him.

His pace is too fast and fiery at first, but he adjusts to yours when he feels your nails tensing against his flesh.

Your mind is filled with love and desire as he plays, pressing your back against the wall with his body, his wings opening to cast their shadow behind you, then laying against your own.

You move up a little to gain some space, and cup his face gently, slowing down the kiss little by little.

He understands and follows your will, and you are truly grateful he does so.

You don't know how much time passes in his embrace, but your breath regulates, and the heat of his blood returns to its usual, comforting warmth.

Despite obeying your lead for a while, he is the one who asks for one last kiss, as he did for the first one.

The soft, wet lips depart with their goodbye on yours as he leans back and looks at you, leaving only his flavor behind, filling your senses.

The gleaming, crimson eyes finally have the same power and light you remember from the old days.

His gaze averts to his hand, and Alber lours as he sees your blue flames still dancing over his skin.

You are watching his face, unable to believe how can someone so beautiful walk on the same globe as everybody else.

His features turn slightly hurt again, and he lays his delicate hand over the injury of your forehead.

He whispers something so silently that you can't hear him, but the shallow wound closes from the spell.

But before you would calm down, suddenly the Lunarian lurches as if endless weight drops over his figure, and you flap your wings to hold him standing, sealing your arms around his torso as his head falls over your shoulder.

You whisper his name scaredly and lay him on the ground, holding him in your hug. His breath is quick and upset as if he is in pain.

It's like he lost consciousness. His eyes move without control under the closed eyelids.