Fourteen

You try to be invisible, but the yellow eyes find your figure.

Kaido steps forward, and the laughter turns harsher.

"You're still alive?" he asks, cackling. "I'm surprised. I thought he got bored of you a long time ago."

You feel a drop of sweat running down your neck.

And your eyes widen when you see bandages over his chest, with light marks of blood where he ripped the stitches.

"Where's King?" he shouts angrily. As he loses his balance, he leans against the wall. His claws damage the carefully formed wood.

You forget all your fear as you see it.

"Don't you dare touch that again!" you shout at him.

Kaido looks at you with a scowl, and you feel his Haki almost splitting the air.

"I thought you were mute," he smirks. "You never answered my questions."

Your fists clench, and your wings lift you from the floor since you can't control them. All you can see is how the man still hasn't let go of the carving.

"Don't touch that wall! It's important for Alber," you yell at him again.

Kaido looks at you again with disbelief, but you stand his gaze even if you are frightened by his presence.

He appears by your side in a split second and punches you in the stomach.

You shout from the sudden wave of pain and fall to your knees, coughing up blood.

Kaido crouches down opposite you, and you feel nauseous from the suffocating smell of alcohol.

"He left behind that name, woman," growls the pirate, lifting your chin with his index finger, its claw scratching your skin. But you freeze a moment later when he starts sobbing. "King lost everything at such a young age, you know! And he still started a new life. I'm so proud of him."

You rip yourself away from his touch, panting hard from his hit. Kaido wipes his tears, but new ones keep coming.

"He was so young when I brought him from Punk Hazard," he cries. "I gave him a fitting name for his strength. A living, pure Lunarian! I need to talk to him. You're making him happy, don't you?"

You refuse to answer him, fighting to make some distance.

Your mind is blank as you watch his bandages turn slightly red.

Who could injure this monster like this?

"Oden's execution is in a few weeks," he states with a hiccup. "Where's King?!"

Who is Oden?

"You sent him on a mission," you answer silently, trying to hide the trembling in your voice.

When you met Alber, he seemed to pose a similar danger as this man now. Unstable and threatening.

"Right," laughs Kaido once again. His eyes rest on your figure, and you feel like time slows down. You see no sign of empathy or warmth in the depth of his iris. "King really healed your wings."

The pirate grins and catches your hair. He moves so fast that you don't stand a chance to dodge.

He doesn't even flinch as you kick his side while he examines the curve of your wing's bones.

"I thought he would keep you on chains after, worororo," chuckles the man. "Why would he let you go around like this? You're only-"

"I'm not a slave here," you growl, spitting him in the face.