Chapter 16

« « « « «

« « « « «

Why must Marcellus cause trouble all the time and why must I be the one to deal with it? Astrid do this, Astrid do that, Elijah has become a pain and if he wasn't my brother he would have been snuffed out years ago.

I watch as Marcellus speaks with his possible vampire army, it was rather stupid newbie vampires can't win against werewolves with moonlight rings.

Marcellus was sentencing them to die as my death was sentenced when u step foot in that opera house many years ago. Marcellus spots me and walks over "Astrid, Didn't expect to see you on this side of the river"

Astrid, he lost the right to call me that years ago "Yes well it's not a social call, Elijah wants this stopped and I don't care about it enough to do anything"

"The Quarter's become a dangerous place, and you? If you ask me, you're better off joining my community! Maybe that's why you're here?"

I scoff gently this man is a fool "I rather stand alone against 50 Mikeals, the reason in here is for Elijah he's making you a deal, find us the white oak stake, and I will let this little social experiment continue"

"Aw, even if I wanted to help, I don't have a clue where the stake is" I nod gently I knew that Im sure a witch has it since my locator spells aren't working "...What made you hate me?"

I look over at him with narrowed eyes "You know what Marcellus"

"No, I don't, you came back and treated me like dirt on your red bottom heels"

I think back to 1919 the moment Mikeal stab me in the heart the stake I took in the heart for what I thought was family "I considered you family, I treated you like family and you ran once I took that stake to the heart for you"

Marcellus suddenly turns serious but I ignore it "Get Davina here she keeping a secret and I'm sure I know what it is"

I walk away from him with a heavy heart my hatred was misplaced but I died for Marcellus and he ran and took over what we built. Niklaus could never know the truth he would kill Marcellus and even if my anger is still there I would allow him to be killed.

« « « « «

I sit down and wait for Davina to enter Marcellus has called her and she said she's on the way. I want Marcellus to get the secrets out of her since she doesn't want to tell me "By the time she gets here, you need to be gone"

"Yes but I will not leave until I know what she hiding from me"

"Look you came to me for help now let me help just stay out of sight"