Chapter 15

« « « « «

« « « « «

It had been three months since the 'death' of Niklaus's child the Mikaelson we're in 'mourning' for the child. Niklaus has been locked in the Mikaelson compound for mouths, especially on full moons.

The moonlight rings were still on the fingers of Guerrera werewolves and I should be chopping them off. Genevieve had linked me and Niklaus and for some reason, the only way to break that link is with the destroying all the rings.

Davina has been weird these past months and it's hard and bothersome to see it only makes me think she's hiding something. I would enter her mind but that would be an invasion of privacy.

This brings us to now the light music of jazz playing in the back ground as I wait for Davina. She's late to our date once again which has happened a lot these past months  "Hey, I'm sorry I'm late"

I look up at Davina and her dishevelled attire "Did you run here?"

She sits across from me with a sheepish look "Yea a little bit, I was rushing"

"Are you going to tell me why?"

"I was practising and lost track of time"

I nod slightly but my paranoia gets the best of me and I listen to her heartbeat which skips a beat "Well I have a present for you"

Davina smiles at me the smile I've come to adore "You already gave me enough"

I shrug lightly and go into my pocket pulling out a key and holding it out "It's a house, I don't like that you are living in that attic"

"You can't be serious, that's too much"

I place the key down and slide it over "It's not, I have a thousand years' worth of money to spend, No vampire has been invited into this house and it's in your name"

Davina quickly stands and I'm guessing she wants a hug so I stand too and she quickly wraps her arms around me. She pulls back and grabs onto the back of my neck pulling me down to meet her lips.

As with all of our kisses, it's perfect she leans back and rests her head on mine "I love you"

The words don't come as a shock we've been dating for months but it was shocking that the next words to fall from lips were "I love you too"

Davina smiles brightly but my happiness is short-lived when I smell blood "What is that?"

I look at her wrist and see a vampire bite and pull away from her and she looks like she realizes something "I had to take blood for a spell"