"Whatever D-" she laughed again. "Anyway, that's it. I think..... But now, I'm not really sure what to do next," I trailed, looking up at her.

"What do you mean? About your relationship?"

"Yeah...."

"Well that depends on about three things," she said while extending a hand behind her to reach for her notepad and pen. She then propped it in her hands, ready to write. "You find an answer to my question?"

Sighing heavily, I brushed my hands up and down my skirt. "Yeah, I think so."

Diana waited until I looked at her to say, "okay, shoot."

"Okay well the first question was 'what's something or someone that makes me happy,' right?" She nodded. "Alright, well, besides my work, and before Lauren came back into my life, I'd say going to visit Aria, or trying new things within the city, or watching the sun rise or set- things like that. But ever since Lauren did come into the picture, I won't even lie to you D, she makes me the happiest I've been in a while," I said with an unconcealable smile, to which Diana returned. "And it's not like I can't be happy without her, I can. It's doable. My work and the few friends that I have could get me by... But it's like..." A breath of air flew from my lips as I looked up at the ceiling. "I simply just don't want to be without her. Ever. Hearing her laugh again, seeing her smile again, dancing with her again to our favorite music...watching movies together, holding each other, or even just hearing her voice and listening to her talk about whatever's on her mind.... I just," I shook my head again, still a bright smile on my face. "It makes me happy D. Truly."

Nodding her head while writing, she twisted her lips to suppress a growing smile. "So, the second question?"

"A time in my life where I was happiest," I said through a breath, rubbing my skirt again. "Well, it was senior year of high school, without a doubt. Then there was my last year of college because all my dreams were coming true. And if I'm being honest, thinking about the future makes me happy now too," I said timidly. Diana looked up from her notebook at me with a smirk and arched brow, requesting elaboration. "With Lauren and I deciding to be together again, I'm hopeful for us, and our relationship regarding the future."

"You see marriage and things like that in the future?" I nodded with confidence. "Kids?"

That made me pause,

"Well, if I'm being honest, neither of us have been big on kids, but if the time comes where she wants them or I do, I'm open to it. Only because it's her really."

"So you'd have kids for her, if she wants them? Or you'd have them because you'd be having them with her?"

"I'd have them because I only see myself having them with her, yes," I answered.

Saying nothing, Diana simply nodded, and continued writing, which made me nervous.

"Okay, and let me ask you this-" I drew another breath, preparing myself for critiques. "This fiancé she had, where is he?" Ugh.

I rolled my eyes. "He's out of the country apparently, 'on business.'"

"Are he and Lauren separated?"

"Yes, they are now."

"And were they separated when you two had your time together?" See, here we go... She saw my face, then added on. "I only ask because I wanna get all my info before saying what I wanna say," Diana said.

"No, D, they weren't," I said through a sigh, sitting my back against the loveseat with a huff. "It was wrong, I know." I put my palm on my forehead.

"Yeah, but you're only human, and guessing on the fact that you and her are together now after that, tells me their relationship didn't have much value anyway."