Chapter Twenty-Seven: The "Not Mine" Possibility

Forever was not necessarily something without ending, it was not always for all future time or for always. Forever was the moments that made one want to live a little longer, it's the hope that sprang in the heart at the sight of something, forever was the reason that pushed one to make the most out of life, it was the smile, the echo of a hearty laugh, it was the depth found in the eyes of a loved one; forever was the second that lasted a little more than it was supposed to.

To Abdullah, those moments happened everyday he woke up and Aisha was the first person he saw, forever was in her embraces, in the laugh that echoed a little longer in his head. Forever was knowing more about Aisha, it was loving her more. It was knowing every moment would exist in him, as a part of him. It was having Aisha around him most times and keeping her in his head all the time.

Forever was a morning like this, one that passed with the ticking clock in reality and remained in his mind. It was every second with Aisha in it.

Especially if he saw Aisha wearing nothing but a towel for the first time in his life. "Ouch!" He yelped as Aisha's grip on his ear intensified.

"Nothing," The answer rushed out through his lips.

"What did you see, Abi?" She repeated the question, her tone trying hard to intimidate him, it failed.

"I didn't see any..., ouch!" He winced with an even more intensified grip.

"I've heard that. Tell me the truth, now." Aisha commanded. If he ever got to survive his wife that day, he would sit somewhere and wonder how a single woman could be everything.

"Fine! Allaahul Musta'an, you have legs that just seem to continue and your arms, subhaan'Allah, they're so slender, like they were made so I could wrap them up in mine and God! Your endowed bo... ouch!" Aisha pulled at his ear so hard it was a surprise it still had not fallen off.

"You did see everything, didn't you?" Abdullah squinted his eyes at her, a bold smirk had graced her lips, almost as if his not-so-miserable agony pleased her.

"No, trust me, the best parts were covered with the towel." That called for an even tighter grip of his ears.

"Erase, erase, erase. Delete, delete, delete." Aisha was going hysterical because Abdullah had walked into her room right after she came out of the shower. In his defense, it was a coincidence, perhaps it was planned by the best of planners.

He winced, it had less to do with the pain and more to do with him trying hard to keep the scene alive in his head, he wanted to keep the picture of that Aisha.

Her wet hair, the way water formed beads on her light-skinned body, the silky look on her skin; something Abdullah wanted to feel beneath his palms.

Abdullah really hoped and prayed for just enough strength to stay around Aisha and not do anything to her.

Aisha Ahmad Makama was beautiful, in every way there was. He really prayed he survived her. He really dreamed of waiting long enough. He was having a really hard time staying away from Aisha, he wondered how a woman suddenly did all that to him without even realizing it.

"Done, Indo. It's been erased." She let go of his ear, he sighed when it didn't fall then winced.

Abdullah had his revenge all planned out. No, maybe revenge was too cruel a word for what he wanted, he was a man who had gone through a lot a few seconds ago, now all he wanted was the warmth of his woman.

He yelped. "Gosh! it hurts right here, my baby, is it bad?" Her insides flipped. Really? Why did Abdullah Umar Kallamu complicate things even on a work day? The tact in his voice when he refered to her as his baby, like he knew exactly what to do with her.