Chapter Twenty: The Calm Before The Storm

Aisha bit down the inside of her cheeks to prevent a smile from spreading across her lips then wrapped her long slender hands over her torso.

"If you two came all the way because you have a sister here then girls, you got another thought coming. You've both been un-sistered."
Hauwa didn't even wait another second before she engulfed her in a bone-crushing hug. Aisha's heart instantly warmed at that but she smoothened the rims of her facade, she would'nt let them see anything but the ruins forgetting about her had caused.

"You knuckle-headed girl." Zainab narrowed her eyes at Aisha. "If you don't cut that out I'm going to whomp you so hard, your head will spin." Great, it didn't seem like anyone cared.

Aisha groaned, moving away from the threshold. "Remind me to woman up and not let you in next time."She said,  stomping her feet. Hauwa still hadn't released her hold on her. "Ya Aisha, I missed you so much." She whispered over her shoulder.

"And you're sixteen and chubby. The last time I saw you was when you were fifteen." Aisha rolled her eyes again and wrapped her hands around her younger sister.  She sighed knowing the rest of the day would steal more of those from her.

"If drama was royalty, both of you would've made queens." Zainab faked a yawn and poured her frame down a sofa. Aisha winced.

"Careful woman, if that chair was made with springs you would've ruined the whole thing." Slapped by Aisha's words, Zainab glared at her as if she couldn't believe her ears. "Inaalillaahi! You skinny insensitive excuse of a woman! I've always known we were right about leaving you here." It would be a bit unforgiving if a guest ended up killing the kind host right?

Aisha steadied her shaky livers.

"I'm everything but an excuse. I'm like the total package you've never seen. I know I'm not too curvy, but then..." Aisha laughed and ended her statement running her hands over the straight bone on what would've been hips.

"Girl, you're so beautiful." Zainab smiled.

"I know right." Aisha moved a shoulder up and down.

"You don't know what's more beautiful though." Aisha looked up at Zainab to find her preserving her smile. Okay, there goes the punchline.

"What is?" She questioned carefully.

"Some manners obviously." She rolled her eyes.

"Bang!" Aisha yelled and jumped right next to her elder sister on the chair, like she wasn't the girl who spoke about ruining springs a minute ago. She engulfed her in a hug that would've ruined all her elder sister's ribs if she was fragile. Hauwa sighed in between a loud laugh. Like she knew there was no way on Earth she would have Aisha and Zainab for sisters and be sane at the same time.

They bonded some more and while they were at it, Aisha noticed that there was something completely off about Hauwa but then discarded the thought. Knowing her younger sister, she was probably hanging on by a single thread, Aisha couldn't afford pulling it out and watching her throw a fit because she didn't want to leave her somewhere that wasn't Gwaggo's home.

Hauwa could be borderline dramatic with issues like that.

Aisha would blame that on Baba later on, if only he had let Hauwa visit her twice before now, then maybe they'd have long gotten over that phase about a married sister.

Aisha walked into the ensuite  bathroom, leaving a praying Zainab and Hauwa only to be met by the sadness responsible for those serious cramps.

Being a woman sucked during times like that.