Chapter Eight: Alien Invasion

23rd January, 2007.
Abuja, Nigeria.

Cautiously, Aisha tossed against the bed, trying hard to avoid rolling over the cold cemented floor. She knew the dented parts of her mattress and the lying positions that left her with a sour derrière.

Tonight, even without switching positions, her body comfortably buried itself in the warmth of her mattress as a foreign warmth engulfed her. It felt nothing like anything Aisha had ever known.

Unable to trust the sudden comfort, she teared her eyelids open. White painted walls came into view, forcing Aisha to jolt away from the fog as she pinched herself to make sure she wasn't dead.

Much to her disdain, pain shot up against her arm with the twist of her skin. Suddenly it occurred to Aisha where she was_ she'd been told alot more times than she could count, it was her new home, where she was conveyed the night before to breathe under the cruel shadow of a man.

The door to the ensuite bathroom hung ajar, smiling at Aisha as if they'd already grown into companions despite thier odds. She could still remember it's cold embrace as it tore away the shredded remains of her soul only to mend it back. Aisha didn't know for how long she had cried the night before, but it was enough to make her lungs dance with every intake of oxygen, enough to make Aisha numb to the pain that almost walked away with her life.

Then it struck her like the bold lines of lightening against grey clouds_ she didn't know how she ended up sleeping on a queen sized bed with a veil left discarded_ She never slept unless she was wrapped in a floor length Hijab and she had definitely not been comfortable enough to lie down as she found herself covered in the thickness of a duvet the night before.

Aisha's shoulders tensed, her eyes widening with the click of realization as she flinched away from the bed. It might have seemed like a harmless act of kindness but Aisha knew beyond it, there was always something more dicey lying underneath the surface.  The nerve of him to touch her, he had to go as far as discarding her covering_ for a better view of her body.

He seemed to take perfect advantage of every opportunity but if Abdullah had thought_ even just for a second she was naive enough to let him frame his nasty desires into harmless acts of kindness, then he had never been more wrong. Aisha so happened to see through everything and so help her God, she wasn't ready to let this one walk past her.

Among other lessons, growing up in an overcrowded house had taught her at such a young age, letting go only made people more vulnerable to bigger attacks. She would have to die before anyone crossed over her.

                            * * *

The door vigorously slammed against the wall with a bang as movements resonated through out the room. Even with eyes sealed under the fog of thick slumber he could tell those movements were dangerous, fitting the sound of a gathering storm, like a rasp thunder strike.

"You pervert! I was asleep for a minute and you were all over the place_ trying to take advantage of me!" A semi_womanly voice yelled, breaking away the fog that afforded him less of the happenings in his surroundings as he jolted awake.

"Who are you?" He questioned, his voice breaking out of his lips with thesame cluelessness that raveled his mind.

"Are you suffering from amnesia? How about I smash this frying pan on your head? Unlike this staunt of a marriage I'm sure it'd leave a nasty scar that'll save me a thousand introductions!" She yelled and Abdullah needed no reality shake to tell it was his greatest nightmare taking place in reality.

"You would know who Aisha is everytime you look into the mirror!" She shouted again, forcing Abdullah to shut his eyes in fierce frustration as he sat in his bed_ pale knuckled.