Chapter Fifteen: Even Beautiful Mondays Wreck

August, 2008.
Abuja, Nigeria.

Monday morning was a beautiful day when spent in Abdullah's mansion. It was always crisp and peaceful with a working husband and quiet birds. Today, Aisha woke up with her short hair sticking out on her face. Her veil covering the pillow and not wrapped around her head like she'd left it the night before.

The peace felt good and even better when she enjoyed the feel of it before it lasted. If anything, Aisha loved the air around the room when the guilt of avoiding Abdullah didn't claw at her skin, she loved staying in her space and knowing he was gone at the same time. It was not that she hated spending time with him_ Abdullah was the kindest thing that had ever been trouble. And Aisha knew who she was and what that meant.

She might've acted non_challant about life and all the people in it, but everytime a human she believed would stay walked out on her, they did with a part of her soul she could not replace no matter how hard she tried_ Abdullah Umar Kallamu didn't seem like the kind of guy Aisha would know and just have different parts of herself broken after he left. He was the kind of guy who would crush her whole, until she heard the crack of every bone in her body, he was the one whose absence would burn her to ashes and destroy her in a way she would never recognize herself in the clearest mirror.

As much as she wanted to avoid the world and bond with beds and duvets some more, Aisha scooted off the bed, wearing a Micki mouse pyjamas lose  ankle length trouser and free top. With a loud yawn, she tied the veil around her head and headed towards the door where she almost stumbled on something.

It was a white rectangular_ shaped box. Expressionless, Aisha opened it to find a phone lying in it, a sticky red paper placed on it's screen.

It read 'I know you don't like receiving free gifts_ this isn't a gift. Just some much needed device for a dangerous wife. Please accept it, that is if you want me to work without wondering what you're trying to end today.

Everything is set, my number is in it too. Call me when you make today's mistake.

_ Abi.

P.S _ please don't chew and hit this one to destruction.

P.S_ breakfast is in the kitchen.

Thrilled, she turned on the phone to an unread text message from Abdullah.

It read 'want to visit the other house and studio later today?

Don't Wear A Floor Length Hijab!

Abi.

P.S it's not payment for the tour_ but if you must hold onto something, take it as that.

As much as she'd tried to avoid it, she was all reluctant and excited at the same time. She knew she needed to admit it, if not  to anyone then even just to herself_ Abdullah knew a way to make her do things, he also knew a way to warm up a heart on a cold morning.

'Why ask me if you're not really asking me? (laughs) I'm not supposed to reach out to you until I make today's mistake. But I've been unsure if I've just done that by agreeing to go out with you, so later?'  Aisha typed in her reply and touched the send icon without giving herself the chance to change her mind.

The phone beeped from an incoming message. 'just going out with me isn't mistake enough_ I don't feed on humans. Okay, even that depends on your choice of clothes wifey. There's still time for today's mistake and I'd be there to watch it live.'

Aisha read it and couldn't help but feel her cheeks flaring up with the cold chills that drove down her stomach. She was trying to keep her emotions under control, Abdullah wasn't making it easy for her. Her heart felt warmer than it was necessary for comfort everytime he was around her. It didn't matter if he was simply taking coffee and working or simply talking or smiling, keeping her walls up felt ten times harder.